Oh Puurlease...How the WT teaches JWS to pray

by Brumm 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brumm
    Brumm

Technically speaking, JWs are not wrong (according to the societies doctrine) if they pray this way as long as they dont keep repeating the same thing over and over:

Our grandfather who art somewhere in heaven.

mispronounced be thy name.

Thy 144000+1 come, their will be done

on earth as they hover in Heaven.

would you care to join me in such a theocratic prayer? Tis a mockery.

Brummie

• Brumm
    Brumm

Incase you are unfamiliar with wierd JW doctrine:

Our grandfather (They claim Christ is Father, Jah is grandfather..based on misinterpretation of Isaiah 9:6)
    who art somewhere in heaven (Jah has a location and a spirit body and lives somewhere, used to be in Pliedes but now they have lost his address)
    mispronounced be thy name (Insight book admits its a mispronoun).

Thy 144000+1 come, their will be done (self explanitory)
    On earth as they hover in Heaven. (the kingdom is not a location, they, 144000, hover above the earth)

• Robdar
    Robdar

Our grandfather (They claim Christ is Father, Jah is grandfather..based on misinterpretation of Isaiah 9:6

Wow, I must have missed that one. Or I have forgotten out of sheer fright!

Robyn

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Technically speaking, JW's should close all their prayers with "we ask these things in the name of the Governing Body" instead of "we ask these things in the name of Jesus" because acording to JW doctrine no one can gain salvation unless one obeys, without question, all the teachings of these men. Faith in Jesus alone is not enough to approach god.

Edited by - beelzedub on 8 February 2003 5:0:38

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yep Robdar, they teach Jah is grandfather, I think its in the Prince of Peace book, or the United In Worship book, cant remember, I just remember being in book study when it was studied and how everyone thought "wow" this deep understanding just shows how we are in the truth...!!!!!

You are right Beel, it would be more appropriate to end their prayers that way.

thanks

Brummie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yea verily, why not pray this way?:

A Platitude for Saturdays

O Harry, it is Saturday, and most of us have the day off, which means that we will be checking items off our List for Saturdays, including running errands, and doing work around the house, and buying things, and trying to satisfy our personal desires, and screaming at our children, if they aren't at the mall, and we ask you to wish us luck as we try to get through the day without thinking about anything at all.

Taken from the Boomer Bible. Which is a great book, btw:

http://www.boomerbible.com/

• Robdar
    Robdar

Much like the Yearbook text, we have a different prayer for each week day:

A Platitude for Sundays

O Harry, it is Sunday and tomorrow we will have to go to work again, and we do not wish to think about it at all, and so we are ready to run and run and run all day, and maybe there will be something good on TV, but even so, please wish us luck in not thinking about anything at all today.

http://www.boomerbible.com/

Love,

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit