When will The Watchtower tumble down?

by Fruitcake 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

Well, I finaly saw the movie Stigmata, and it was about the Catholic church, I don't want to demean any Catholics here but made an observation on how similiar the Catholic Church and the Watchtower is,

Vatican-----Governing body

excommunicate-----disfellowship

heretic------apostate

This movie showed the power of the bigwigs in protecting the mother church, when a lost book, of the sayings of Jesus threatened to come out, exposing the uselessness of the Big Church and its control, ..................................this lost book was the Gospel of St Thomas and here is an exert.

The Kingdom of God is within you,

Not in buildings of wood and stone,

Split a piece of wood, and I am there,

Lift a rock and you will find me.

We really dont need the big power of the corrupt Watchtower to find Jesus,it is just a bunch of big buildings and powerful people, that take away from the simple message of Christ. I hope their buildings and organization will soon fall, and people will be see the Bible with their own hearts and minds, and discover the true love God has for us.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Here is something I copied from another site a couple months ago by a poster who called themselves GOD:

The Universe is in Me. Which means: I have never been, nor will I ever be, anywhere more present, than where you are -- right now. To the degree that you make Me holier or more present in any one person or place -- is the degree that you belittle and subtract Me from everyone and everywhere else. Any seeming absence is due to no weakness of Mine, but rather your being so filled with beliefs as to be blind. Remove everything from you that can be removed, and then tell me what is left. What is there then? Be still and know, I AM

Edited by - jamesthomas on 7 February 2003 21:22:6

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's a movie - the cc simply doesn't have priest hit squads.

The gospel of Thomas isn't hidden or something - the catholics don't include it in the bible because it's not considered as the inspired text.

And unlike jws would have people believe, inspired doesn't mean historically accurate or proven source authentic moral guideline.

• ugg
    ugg

actually,,,,they are expanding.....hubby told me they are building a "huge" complex.....i think,,,but i am not sure,,,,,he said by the farm....that is why they are slowly doing away with bethel sites...

• Farkel
    Farkel

Pope - Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Jaracz/Governing Body

Branch Overseers - Cardinals

District/Circuit Overseers - Bishops

Elders - Priests

Ministerial Servants - Deacons

Rank & File - Laity

Penton made this observation and also observed that organizations often BECOME just like other organizations they started out hating.

Thus has been the case with the Watchtower Printing and Hierarchical Organization.

Farkel

• fulano
    fulano
    Pope - Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Jaracz/Governing Body

Branch Overseers - Cardinals

District/Circuit Overseers - Bishops

Elders - Priests

Ministerial Servants - Deacons

Rank & File - Laity

Penton made this observation and also observed that organizations often BECOME just like other organizations they started out hating.

Thus has been the case with the Watchtower Printing and Hierarchical Organization.

Farkel

Missionaries - Jesuits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit