Conditioned to fail

by Jordandemm 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you have seen the light.

Making friends is hard, at least for some people, and I am one of those. It takes time and effort and a bit of courage to put yourself out there. If you haven't met any potential friends at school or work, you can try taking a class in something that interests you, or do volunteer work, anything that brings you in contact with others. Take an interest in people you meet, ask them about their lives, hobbies, children, etc.

The more you put yourself out there the more opportunities you will have, it's kind of a numbers game.

Lisa 🌹

• cha ching
    cha ching

I agree with all before me, and from my observations (looking back in life... even within JWville) it does take about 2 years to develop a good friendship. Like AudeSapere said, invite yourself to join your workmates for coffee, or an outing. Having fun with someone is the beginning of everything!

Cha Ching!

• Sabin
    Sabin

Hello Jorden it`s nice to meet you. I was reading your post & I had this thought, (please correct me if I`m not making any sense) we have all had to overcome this problem in our lives at some stage, when we move schools/ jobs/house/town/state/country/even congs. & we do it don't we because we accept it as a normal part of life. So why so hard when it comes to leaving the BORG? maybe it`s because we have been indoctrinated that it`s not normal to change our minds, that the people on the outside are some how not like us & so we are afraid, we have spent so long rejecting them that now maybe they will return the favour. We have spent years being watched & judged for every thing we say & do. We end up with that same scary feeling we got our first day at high school, everyone can relate to that but we conquered & survived for some it was harder than for others but we did it. So you could try viewing it this way that its a move to a different place or house, you did it before you can do it again. Just a different way of looking at it so you don't feel so overwhelmed. Hope it helps. SABIN. P.S we will be your friends.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Jordan.... - welcome to the board. It's not easy integrating into society from being chained, like you mention, to what seems an invisible wall.

Try joining hobby clubs, volunteering, and reading your Bible for inner peace.

Although you will come across people on this forum who have lost all faith and no longer believe in God, everyone has good intentions and good hearts. They are sincere in their personal assessments on how they feel. You may come across some who can become argumentative if you engage them in conversation going against what THEY believe, however, you will find that it's NOTHING, let me repeat, NOTHING, like you will find in a Khall. As you may have already experienced, brothers will basically step on you, gossip about you, bully you, back stab you, and kiss more rear-end than you, in order to look more righteous than you. You have nothing to worry about that here.

Here you'll find sincere people and TRUE friends. Not those 'insta' friends you get from Khalls until you disagree with their god the gb.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, people who stay in are conditioned to eventually fail, too.

There's so many rules (written or otherwise), it's virtually impossible to follow them all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit