The Spiritual Man According to WTBTS

by zophar 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zophar
    zophar

Who Is A Spiritual Man According to WTBTS?

This post will resonate most with people who have been long associated with JW’s and have seen a dramatic change in the spirituality of traveling overseers over the years.

How does a MAN get appointed as a Circuit Overseer? Could the Apostle’s Paul and John qualify today?

Years ago, a family man could be appointed as a substitute Circuit Overseer in the United States. Then, there was a change, a man had to be in a position to serve full time as a CO in order to be appointed as a substitute CO. The affect? Less emphasis on balanced family men who were merely serving to younger more ambitious men who wanted that job. Spiritual qualities and maturity appeared to be less important than youth, good health and parroting the GB. If you were older and had any health issues you were not considered for appointment. Sorry Paul, that “thorn in the flesh” affliction means you are not qualified. And as for the Apostle John, too old we can’t afford to have you traveling around to the congregations, too much liability to the Corporations money situation. Never mind your wealth of experience in practical living, we can find young guys that do as we say, no input from you is needed.

Assembly and Convention talks by these younger men are not from the heart but are delivered by rote, no personality allowed in the delivery. They have to please the higher ups to get that job! An issue arises where you disagree with an opinionated CO and what do you do? Speak up and lose the chance for the job or keep your mouth shut? Well, how much do you want that job?

Many on this board will remember a time when the CO often was a man who had raised a family and had real life experience. Why, you might even find the CO had a mind of his own and such a thing as an original thought! Maybe, he even cared about the families he served.

Now it seems to be the Career man we are looking for. Just do as we say and you will get the appointment er job

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness

If you were older and had any health issues you were not considered for appointment. Sorry Paul, that “thorn in the flesh” affliction means you are not qualified. And as for the Apostle John, too old we can’t afford to have you traveling around to the congregations, too much liability to the Corporations money situation.

Never thought of it like that before, so true tho!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good OP. In the past, maybe 'the fruits of the spirit' mattered more. Brothers would have to work on their characters, and display endurance, self-control, mildness, etc. Today, company men that say yes to the GB are prized.

How does a MAN get appointed as a Circuit Overseer? - today it seems to be based on how willing the brother is to kiss Stephen Lett's ring.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A stand-in C.O. with several years experience, was recently informed that he will not be considered for a full-time C.O. position - because he's now over 50 years of age.

I'll bet they won't apply that "principle" to future G.B. members.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I don't agree, completely. I was considered for CO and I wasn't an ass kisser. I genuinely cared for the congregation and knew my WT/Bible well. I made sacrifices and pioneered for 9 years. I was one who really put thought into talks, using illustrations I found that I hadn't heard 1,000 times before and always showed empathy. THAT is why I ended up leaving. I met so many of those 1 month wonders who were appointed and didn't give a flying fig for anyone that it sickened me. It became clear that the whole thing was a pyramid scheme for egotists. So even in the 90's there was a majority of ass kissers. Smart guys with a conscience get out.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Spiritual Man According to WTBTS

...........................................................Run Faster You Lazy JW S.O.B!..

...................................................................................LOL!!!!..

..http://rs257.pbsrc.com/albums/hh228/grantf1980/l_f1cbc41cc34abd00f93e7e43b3d85085.gif~c200........Image result for watchtower anthony morris

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

"How does a MAN get appointed as a Circuit Overseer?"

It's not what you know. . .it's who you know.

It's not who you know. . .it's who you blow.

It's not what you do. . .it's who you do.

Did I miss any others?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Bottom line...there is nothing special about the Jehovah"s Witnesses anymore. They aren't even Jehovah"s Witnesses anymore...just JW's (JW.org). These people seem to be into "selfies" ("look at me, look at me!") and as someone called it "spiritual competition." We were born into this religion and it seemed in the 80's we were all in this together. You know...the small town feel or the Mom & Pop shop (the good ole days). I don't know anymore, maybe we were just in cult mode. I just don't know! It seemed special back then. Now...it just seems like any other religion. Follow the money. Sad but true! Just no substance anymore. What the hell happened?

The 80's? This is when the Ray Franz thing happened. Has it been crap all along or has the Internet blown it wide open? Give me your feedback everyone...I can't figure it out.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    The Apostle Paul & John wouldn't qualify cause they would kick their asses when it came to the child abuse issues, shepherding those in need, shunning, baptising children, lying, twisting scripture, Hording millions of dollars for themselves while some of their members are living in poverty & a whole host of other things.
  • bildad
    bildad

ToesUp

my sentiments exactly. At least we felt like there was some depth and substance. And, while the explanations might be flawed at least an attempt was made to show some Scriptural basis for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit