This one nearly takes the cake

by Deleted 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Deleted
    Deleted

The Finished Mystery book from 1917, approved by Jesus himself in 1918/9 resides at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5606/FM/R09.htm

I am in the process of writing up my stuff. So I thought I'd lift the highlights and get them behind me.

I just had to share this blooper with you.

Call me crazy but doesn't Current Truth decalre the stinging scorpions to be the "faithful and discreet slave".

9:10.

And they had tails . Followers class-leaders.

Like unto scorpions

. The old-time class-leader was an invaluable adjunct of the Methodist Church. Upon him devolved the duty of requiring each probationer to attend the class-meeting and report his spiritual progress weekly, whether he had made any or not. After each report it was the class-leader's duty to squirt in a little more of the poisonous doctrines from the two orifices referred to in comments on Rev. 9:3. From the "heaven" orifice came the doctrine "If you are good you will go to Heaven when you die" and from the "hell" orifice came the message "If you are bad you will go to hell when you die." It was all very simple. Everybody was simple in those days.

And [there were] stings

. Revivals in which the attendants were stung, doctrinally and financially. I though the anointed of Jehovahs Witnesses were these scorpions.

Is this the real Truth, that the WTS from 1917 onwards at least were the equivalent of revivalist meets, financially and doctrinally stinging the followers. Jesus, is this your idea of a joke - you approved it!

AND in their tails [and] WAS their power [was] to hurt men five months

. One, hundred and fifty years, from Wesley's ordination in 1728 to the casting off of Methodism in 1878. Rev. 9:5.
  • minimus
    minimus

This makes sense to me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

See? The bullshit gets brighter and brighter!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Here is an interesting thread by greven about Locusts and Methodists.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44482&site=3

That Finished Mystery was some Fairy Tale interpretation wasnt it?

Edited by - Utopian_raindrops on 5 February 2003 23:15:28

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

It's my understanding that the "Finished Mystery" book was in the process of being written by the founder of the WTBTS (forgive for not remembering the name, either having senior moment here or am blissfully finally forgetting much of what was taught to me) and the founder died before he could author/interpret the book of Revelation, SO-o.....Judge Rutherford, himself, authored the final chapter on the book of Revelation, which is probably why it's such a screwed UP "finished mystery"...

Auntie Flame

• Realist
    Realist

QUESTION about 1914,

did russel come up with this date according to pyramidology or based on the bible??? or both???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit