So, What's Your Problem Then?

by Englishman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm a great problem solver. Give me enough time, and I can find the solution to anything you care to name. I can always find the answer. There always is an answer, no matter what the problem.

...And that, Good People, is precisely my problem!

See, when I was a witness, there was always an answer for everything too. The answer was in the Bible, if it wasn't then the answer was close to a famous bridge in Brooklyn.

Since I left the JW's, and become a pillar of the community (Ha!), I still can find a solution to every problem that life throws at me. Because, if I can't find an answer, then maybe the witnesses will crow at my indecision because they have an answer for everything.

As I'm getting older, I'm gradually realising that having to have an answer for everything can be pretty exhausting, so I'm trying to let go of this particular need. Matter of fact, I'm also starting to realise that life has a great habit of solving it's own problems without my assistance, in fact, virtually everything that I have ever worried about in my life has sorted itself out without any assistance from me whatsoever.

Just thought you might like to know that.

Englishman.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Very good Englishman. I couldn't agree more. Since we're not omniscient, we're not expected to have all the answers. Personally, I sometimes think that the question "why?" is ruining our world. Either that, or we're asking the wrong question.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Englishman, it would appear that you are now at the point in life where you will be able to recognize that you, as a man, ARE the problem....and there is no solution.

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

Nicely put RHW

The man. The world. The wholeness of each seems related. And do not all men everywhere make up the world?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Letting go, and just living is tough. I havn't gotten there, yet. But, i can see your point about how problems seem to solve themselves. Almost like what is happening is what should be happening. Not sure, though. Do you think that may be true? Anyway, someone who has memory of their preexistence is quite advanced, IMO.

SS

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Drats - cuz I for one liked hearing your solutions - gonna miss ya

• Gig
    Gig

I am convinced that some of the most intelligent people are their own biggest problem. They literally drive themselves into dissatisfaction by the problems their own minds create... just for the sake of solving them...out of bordom, or the inability to control their creative instincts.

If you are anything like me, this, in all honesty, cannot be our problem. But isn't it an attractive sounding description of why we are such a putts?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Englishman, it would appear that you are now at the point in life where you will be able to recognize that you, as a man, ARE the problem....and there is no solution.

Damn it, she's right. I'm just an impregnation machine. I'm fed up with being used like this. I AM A PERSON!

Actually, that's total bollocks, I do quite like being an impregnation machine.

Happy days are here again..la la la la..........!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit