More Bushisms

by Defender 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Defender
    Defender

"I think the American people - I hope the American - I don't think, let me - I hope the American people trust me."Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

"When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried, and persecuted as a war criminal."Washington, D.C., Jan. 22, 2003 (Thanks to Chad Conwell.)

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

"There's only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug but having committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and that's me and I know what it's like."Washington

"Any time we've got any kind of inkling that somebody is thinking about doing something to an American and something to our homeland, you've just got to know we're moving on it, to protect the United Nations Constitution, and at the same time, we're protecting you."Aberdeen, S.D., same day (Thanks to George Dupper.)

"Let me tell you my thoughts about tax relief. When your economy is kind of ooching along, it's important to let people have more of their own money."Boston, Oct. 4, 2002

"You see, the Senate wants to take away some of the powers of the administrative branch."Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame onshame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

"Nothing he [Saddam Hussein] has done has convinced me - I'm confident the Secretary of Defense - that he is the kind of fellow that is willing to forgo weapons of mass destruction, is willing to be a peaceful neighbor, that is - will honor the people - the Iraqi people of all stripes, will - values human life. He hasn't convinced me, nor has he convinced my administration."Crawford, Texas, Aug. 21, 2002

For the complete Bushisms see http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/

Edited by - Defender on 5 February 2003 15:29:50

Edited by - Defender on 5 February 2003 15:38:9

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

So.. he's not a wordsmith.. what does that prove>

He'sa guy that loves his coutry.

CG

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

LOL...oh god these are GREAT!

No you're right he's not a wordsmith, but technically as the "leader of the Free World" I would like our represenative to speak in an effective coherant manner, especially in such a touchy global climate that requires lots of dialouge.

Bush has never inspired my confidence in him as a competent communicator.

Edited by - joannadandy on 5 February 2003 17:36:17

• IronGland
    IronGland
    He'sa guy that loves his coutry.

is that all it takes to qualify for president now?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Oh I think he speaks in an effective coherent manner, just ask the Taliban. Or the Iraqis in a few weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit