Not Inspired, Not Infallible

by pale.emperor 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It occurred to me this morning while one the train to work that JW's, including my family, use the following weasel phrases to excuse the errors they've made over the years:

"God uses imperfect men"

"Jesus didn't say he'd give perfect spiritual food"

"The GB are neither inspired, nor infallible"

"There are some who are corrupt but Jehovah will sort out his organization"

Well isn't this true of every religion? As much as i dont like evangelicals shouting in the street about hell and Jesus i dont doubt their sincerity. I also think the pope genuinely believes he's gods representative on earth. Thomas S Monson of the Mormon Church and his 12 apostles are very sincere that they have the one true religion and that god is directing their lives.

The idea that a perfect god would use imperfect men to write a perfect book for imperfect people to follow, which will be revealed in stages and eventually need supplementary magazines to add to it later which are not inspired but still must be followed as if it is - really makes my head spin.

I wonder if any JW's are thinking this too? There must be some. Granted it's taken me 2 months to notice this since the Feb WT article said the GB are uninspired but im not the smartest man haha

• alanv
    alanv

It's also not the first time they have said this. JWs except the fact that the governing body have made some mistakes, but as good sheep they still follow every word that is spoken to them. In their mind it makes perfect sense.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

The governing body of jws have assumed by means of a method that they themselves. (Watchtower feb 2017) have admitted can be flawed. It doesn't take a person of independent reasoning long to figure out that their claim to be the faithful discreet slave (singular) by their interpretation of a parable is utter hogwash ! If however you are directed by this organization of charlatans that you must place your trust in them or suffer the consequences, then it follows you will defend them as if they had not admitted their position as outlined in the watchtower of feb 2017. Those jws who defend this so called fds are proving themselves to be more afraid of seven men in new york than the god they claim to worship.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"God uses imperfect men", "Jesus didn't say he'd give perfect spiritual food", "The GB are neither inspired, nor infallible", "There are some who are corrupt but Jehovah will sort out his organization".

Spot on Pale Emperor! I was discussing these J.W. "justifications/conversation stoppers" with Mrs. Searcher recently, as well as the one at the top of their list, "No other religion is fulfilling Matthew 24:14, so that proves that we are God's people."

If they do a Google search, they'll find out differently.

• blondie
    blondie

Is that what Jesus said about the religious leaders of his day?

Matthew 3: 7-9

7 When he caught sight of many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to the baptism, he said to them: “YOU offspring of vipers, who has intimated to YOU to flee from the coming wrath?8 So then produce fruit that befits repentance; 9 and do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘As a father we have Abraham.’For I say to YOU that God is able to raise up children to Abraham+ from these stones.

• venus
    venus

They convert people exposing the mistakes of clergy. Once converted they won't encourage to expose those taking the lead within the org. If pointed to the responsible ones, they have the standard phrase: "Wait for Jehovah."

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Jesus didn't preach door-to-door as his main method, did he? He would stay at people's homes for hospitality purposes; How come Matthew 24:14 is being fulfilled by the Jehovah's Witnesses alone? Look at how many ministries are out there, many with ubiquitous presence on the internet, radio, television, schools ... much more effective ministry than the depressing literature carts ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "God uses imperfect men"
    "Jesus didn't say he'd give perfect spiritual food"
    "The GB are neither inspired, nor infallible"
    "There are some who are corrupt but Jehovah will sort out his organization"

This is their way of deluding themselves that their brand of god is involved with their brand of religion.

Thus the delusion is also reinforced for other cult members.

• Scully
    Scully

They're Imperfect™, all right. They're so Imperfect™ that they signed an agreement with the UN "so they could access the library". Any other Imperfect™ JW would be Disassociated™ for using the gym or swimming pool at their local YMCA.

They're so Imperfect™ that they consider child molestation, not a crime, but a "sin" so they can avoid contacting the Superior Authorities™ so as not to Bring Reproach on Jehovah™, forgetting that having sexual deviants who target and groom children is the actual Reproach on Jehovah™. So much for Keeping the Congregation Clean™!! [eyeroll]

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

One response to uninspired and imperfect.

Uninspired and imperfect? So you are making major life decisions on the uninspired and imperfect opinion of men?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit