I'm going shopping tonight

by Sadie5 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Called the 800# listed on the back of my Food Stamp card. We're calling it a shopping card so the kids don't blurt out food stamps. Anyway, I have funds on my card so I'm going shopping tonight. It's been awhile since I really went shopping. We've eaten a lot of Ramen Soup lately. It will be good to get some fresh veggies and fruits and maybe some goodies too.

Sadie

• Been there
    Been there

((((((((((Sadie))))))))))

Have Fun.

• blondie
    blondie

Sadie, I remember my ramen soup days. I used to buy a bag of frozen oriental veggies and pump it up a little.

One time I ate potatoes for a month straight (they were free).

One year I got a large bag of millet and used the tomatoes I grew in my garden to make spaghetti sauce. I cooked the millet and put the sauce on it. It wasn't too bad.

Blondie (those were the days)

• Solace
    Solace

Sadie,

I like the credit card, instead of paper foodstamps idea. Its alot more dignified not to mention alot less hassel for everyone. Happy shopping.

Funny thing though, I ran a daycare for three years and found it so ironic that I would spend so much time planning and spent so much money on special meals for the kids, but they continued to only want the basic P.B. & J, Mac & Cheese & Roman noodles.

Figures, huh?

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Hey, Sadie...

That's great! and I really mean that. To me, it's good to see someone who really needs a bit of help getting it instead of some slob that's just scamming the system. That's what those programs are for. We all have times when we are down on our luck. I remember not that many years ago living in a "tent style" pop-up camper in a campground and eating Ramen noodles twice a day and skipping breakfast all together. I try to never forget those days.

Coon

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sadie, buy lots of goodies, fresh veggies are great. Kids love the fruit.

But, don't knock the ramen noodles. Instead of a soup, I make them as a side dish. Cook as normal, drain all the water and put in the seasoning packet. Makes a good side dish to go along with the other goodies you will get.

Lew W

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( sadie )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) enjoy your shopping!!!! i hope things go up hill for you soon....

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

((((Sadie)))) Have fun shopping! You've got a great attitude.

Nina

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good news. I've been wondering how you all are doing.

Try adding a beaten egg to the Ramen, as it boils. It adds protein and makes it like egg flower soup. My kids used to love that.

I have that card for my mother..............she gets a little assistance every month. It sure is nice. The food stamp days we had in the past, were embarrassing, but we were sure glad to have them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit