Twenty years ago today...

by TresHappy 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

We lost this voice...

• blondie
    blondie

Was it that long ago? I went to see them in person. We were dancing in the streets, er aisles. Her voice is so beautiful. I have all the CDs now. I too suffered with an eating disorder in my 20's. No more though. I was lucky I didn't die from it. Mine was an outgrowth of my being molested. I was trying to throw up all that shame.

I play her almost every day.

Blondie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Long ago,

and oh so far away...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thanks for the memory jog. What a terrible loss of life.

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news about Karen. I was in downtown Miami at a community college taking an entrance exam. I was driving an 81 Chevy Chevette and just had a big Mac at McDonalds. .....How about that for a memory.

Edited by - newyork44m on 4 February 2003 13:39:29

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

I was/am also a Carpenter fan!

I forgot that yesterday was the anniversary of Karen's death until I was driving to grab something to eat at lunchtime. Someone, on the radio station I listen to, requested that a Carpenters song be played in her honor.

I also remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. Just pulling out of the parking lot after work. How sad!

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit