Not even once

by Gig 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gig
    Gig

I've read my fair share of their pubs, and nowhere, ever have I seen a clearly stated repentance or a humble confession on the part of the WTS. Have any of you? I know that they have delicately admitted a mistake here and there, but it's always overshadowed by the self-praise logic that overall we should be thankful for the mistake. The Bible specifically speaks against that.

I think this would be a great new category for Quotes, don't you? A comprehensive list of pseudo-apologies where the WTS's best effort to take responsibility can be clearly seen for what it is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is one of their non-apology apologies, appearing in last year's WT:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43929&site=3

You see, all is to be forgiven because their motive was pure.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the World Wide Church of God did a much better job of apologizing, though it cost them dearly.

http://www.wcg.org/lit/AboutUs/comments.htm

I think the WTS is much more conscious of the bottom dollar, however, than the condition of their sheep. Oh, that I would live to see the day....

• ISP
    ISP

I don't think the WTS feel they have to apologise. Dubs aren't clamouring for it. They just have to go on and essentially all will be forgotten.........not by us!

ISP

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

I was just thinking about this very topic on my way home from work yesterday.

I still remember the Assembly when the GB/WTS "admitted" (to a degree) their share in the 1975 debacle. But even that "admission" did not clearly state 'we were wrong for initiating the spectulation about 1975 and for allowing the speculation to proceed. We ask the forgiveness of the brothers & sisters'.

I also remember the WT article that laid the blame for speculating about 1975 on the brothers and sisters. Even at the time, what was written, didn't "ring true".

How nice it would be for the GB/WTS to openly admit their mistakes and ask for forgiveness! I wonder if they have ever discussed the possibility of doing this among themselves. They are probably fearful that their authority over the brothers and sisters would crumble.

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I was discussing this with my wife not long ago. She wanted to know my cause for bitterness agains these imperfect men just making mistakes. "Well I suppose YOU never mad a mistake?"

My answer was and is "Sure I F*ck up big time some times...but I also take responsibility for my mistakes. Sometimes, I have to take my lumps and it costs me dearly. If I have to be accountable and own up to my mistakes...how much more so the ones claiming to be the very mouthpiece of God upon whose words and actions may depend the eternal lives of millions.?"

Coon

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

how much more so the ones claiming to be the very mouthpiece of God upon whose words and actions may depend the eternal lives of millions.?"

I've already heard an answer to that one - it would be the Lord's fault. The fear in that pride is freaky.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Does anyone have the mag reference for where it says that the Lord would have to answer for the mistakes they make if they aren't right? A real keeper that one .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit