What ARE the fruits that the JW tree produces?

by TTWSYF 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Great thread TTWSYF.:- " What ARE the fruits the J.W tree produces?

According to the Kingdom News no 7 :-

"It strengthens families and upholds high MORAL standards"

Personally I would say some words have no MORALS.

So the Moral of my post, whoever allows themselves to believe the Moral system of the watchtower is valid, basically is lacking in Morals.

So to answer your question the fruit the J.W tree produces is whipped and broken souls, with a shallow Moral compass. But they of course don't see it that way.

The Rebel.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Magnum - Great post 😉
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

OK, prepare to hit the unlike button.

I've experienced love (conditional), and some charity (generally only for jdubs locally but charitable acts and donations nonetheless), kindness, and other Christan qualities.

I think for SOME people, those individuals who NEED authority to tell them what's right and wrong, it keeps them in line, which is probably a good fruit. I'll qualify this by saying that I don't need to be told that sleeping around would hurt my wife, so I don't do it, (having a face like a bag of spanners has nothing to do with it!) However there are some that need to be told, for them I think religion is probably a good thing.

So, some good fruits, but unfortunately I believe no more than you'd get in your local <insert church/club/support group of choice here>.

Along with an inordinate amount of fear, guilt and obligation. And backstabbery. And gossip. And judgementalism.

And a lot of broken families for no good reason. That's a biggie.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    disposable hero of hypocrisy2 hours agoAnd a lot of broken families for no good reason. That's a biggie.
    Yeah. Tell me about it..............

the only fruit the watchtower corporation wants is money and possessions scammed from others.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well "disposable hero of hypocrocy " you raise fair points. Personally I would answer your post:-

For some it takes longer for the smoke to clear. Therefore no hangman rope from me to your comment, but I don't see it your way.

The Rebel

p.s The Watchtoer never made me a better man. And I don't thank it for the times it gave me.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I can agree with you disposable hero. Many people here [and at the kingdom halls] are good decent, God fearing folks who want to know and love God. My brother is a good and decent man who loves his family and friends at his cog. There are just many things that the org does to corrupt his Christianity in my opinion.

Attacking every other faith as Satans' is bad fruit in my opinion.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Disposable Hero:
    I think for SOME people, those individuals who NEED authority to tell them what's right and wrong, it keeps them in line, which is probably a good fruit. I'll qualify this by saying that I don't need to be told that sleeping around would hurt my wife, so I don't do it, (having a face like a bag of spanners has nothing to do with it!) However there are some that need to be told, for them I think religion is probably a good thing.

Perhaps you are right - I am no psychologist. I think though that being "told" does not give people moral direction if their moral compass is faulty to begin with. Being told what they did was morally or spiritually wrong may cause them to "regret" their actions but I highly doubt it's very effective at keeping them in line. Certainly secular laws seem to have little or no effect on those who have a propensity for poor behavior, in fact it rarely even corrects that behavior. What makes you think religious threats or guidance would have a better effect?

• Watchtower-Free

Certainly secular laws seem to have little or no effect on those who have a propensity for poor behavior, in fact it rarely even corrects that behavior. What makes you think religious threats or guidance would have a better effect?

Because I know of one example in particular, someone (married) that said if they thought it wasn't 'the truth' then they would be out and about a-fornicatin' galore.

Maybe it was just said for effect, and I hope so, but for individuals that have that mentality, the threat of a vengeful sky daddy keeping them in check is a real and positive effect.

Another positive is the sense of community that some loners and outsiders get that they might not necessarily get elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make up for the mental and spiritual abuse or the wrecked families, I'm just saying that SOME may well get through an entire life in the bOrg benefited (only because they know no better) and unscathed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit