What ARE the fruits that the JW tree produces?
- Poisonous coyote melon, poisonous osage orange, poisonous suicide tree fruit, poisonous goat apple ....
- All of the above, plus an inability to see the Forest for the trees...
A rotten tree produce an unpleasant odor, and rotten fruit. Just like a house built
on a shaky foundation.
- Completely destroying ones Chance to have a productive happy follow your passion kind of life.
- Verbal and pschological abuse
Awesome analogy Magnum...
If the JW operation were a farm, the purpose of which is to produce literal fruit, then the leaders should be immediately fired. There would be workers doing everything possible to avoid real work. They'd be looking for ways to appear busy without really working.
They'd spend a whole bunch of time at boring company meetings talking about producing fruit, but little time actually doing it. They would be lacking in cultivating, fertilizing, reaping, and storing ability.Their marketing skills would be awful. They wouldn't be able to answer questions about their company. They couldn't defend it. They'd run from accusations against it.
And if you were a worker on that farm and mentioned to anyone at all that you think some of the fruit being packed and distributed is rotten, you'd be dragged to the front gate and kicked to the road in a heartbeat. You would never be allowed back on to the property where your family is living... unless you come grovelling back on your hands and knees to the lead hands and agree to eat and help with packing and distributing that rotten produce again.
- well said stumpy!
- Vanity, boastfulness, self righteousness, conditional love, superiority complex with a huge dose of fear & low self esteem, more fear, no charity, ( Prozac, Xanax, Alca-seltzer, Tums) digestive, depression, and anxiety disorders. Labels and titles. No compassion. Condemnation & low education levels. Isolation.
Whenever I've heard fruits being mentioned it has been in a derogatory way and aimed at other religions . As an example the practice of supplying chaplains to the armed forces .
JWs only ever seem to look at the fruits of others and find fault . They do not REALLY examine their own fruits because they see no need to .
Definitely on the plus side, all the money I've saved not being allowed to buy loved ones birthday and Christmas presents. However, on the not so positive side, being guilted into giving most of that money to the local congregation who siphoned off undisclosed amounts for the organization's coffers.