Idiotic Thread On A Cult Site

by FedUpJW 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So as is my habit when I need a good laugh at stupid chat forum threads I popped in to the Jay Double U Talk site and happened on this hilarious thread. Of course I have not read the whole thing, it was just too mentally painful to read those nitwits "reasoning"about "music".

Why Jehovah's Witnesses do not use drums...

• Half banana
    Half banana

Who needs drums when you are on spiritual heroin?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

FedUpjw you got to be careful with those drums. The Babylon Bee news.."Demons appears on church stage as drum set introduced". Jan. 13, 2017 Dermott, AR. "One minute the drummer was counting off the upbeat time signature , and the next minute an ominous hairy creature (sorry it's difficult writing this, can't stop laughing) with horns and a head was spinning backward, yes all kind of weird stuff. Members all ran out of the church because the demons had taken over the service. Not sure if this story is for real, but it sounds like one of JW stories..LOL Maybe some one can post the article, funny as hell...

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That's some morbid way of having a laugh... I love it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Dont keep it to yourselves guys can anybody download what they are talking about ?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Why Jehovah's Witnesses do not use drums... Evidently many a single Bethelite brother has given into the temptation of drums.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Let me guess, the JW reasoning went something like this:

Many pagan cultures make use of drumming during religious ceremonies to invoke spirits or their dead ancestors. Drumming is an integral part of spiritistic religions like voodoo. In view of the foregoing, would it be right for a Christian to incorporate drumming as part of the clean, wholesome music that he uses in his worship of the one true God, Jehovah?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Here are a couple of the answers:

Did you let the person know - it is because it is a "hall" where we discuss the Kingdom - hence "Kingdom Hall" and NOT a "Dance Hall" or a "Music Hall"??

The purpose of our music is to worship Jehovah in song and the musical accompaniment is solely to help in that purpose.

Music should be done tastefully and not detracting from the style the brothers have chosen (avoiding the gospel style or the traditional catholic choir sound)

Had to stop reading after some of these comments, however I noted three pages of back and forth about drums.

• Searril
    Searril

The Babylon Bee is a satire site run by Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit