Couple of things eating my mind

by Nosferatu 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First of all, my active mother told me that a couple of months ago, there was an announcement made from the stage about an update on how to deal with Child Abuse situations. Apparently now, JWs are suppose to go to the police now. Anyone else hear about this? I'm guessing they made this change due to the preparation for the 5th Estate program.

Also, my mother keeps on telling me that she's looking for a scriptural reason to leave my father. My father is a compulsive gambler, and my mother is having a difficult time dealing with it. She's waiting for my dad to put the family in a position that would endanger her living conditions. I seriously don't know what to think of this. Honestly, I think that my parents would be better off apart. It seems that they stress each other out.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've seen many JWs get out of marriages for all sorts of reasons.

Here is how you do it:

• Get a divorce
    • Get DFed for getting a divorce
    • Six months to a year later, get reinstated.

Walla! Your mom is now free.

If she wants to get remarried and is worried about the elders pointing out that she is not "scripturally free", here is what she needs to do:

• Get married
    • Get DFed for getting married
    • Six months to a year later, get reinstated.

Walla! Your mom is now remarried.

It's really quite easy... she just needs to grovel and beg and cry in front of the elders long enough and have enough bible studies with them and they will have no choice but to reinstate her.

Elders are not really interested in motives or intentions, they just want a show that makes them think they are in control... when in reality it is your mother who is in control.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 3 February 2003 14:0:37

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Damage control? Hmmm, yeah, why now? There getting back some of Rutherford's famous slogan, Advertise, advertise, advertise the pedophiles are on the loose among the witnesses.

With regard to part two, well, it's sad to hear such situations. That's an area that I stay away from. The decision is up to your mom. My oldest brother and his wife are constantly at each other's throat, and it seems that life without attacking each other would be boring. Mind you, your mom's situation differs.

Guest 77

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

" It's really quite easy... she just needs to grovel and beg and cry in front of the elders long enough and have enough bible studies with them and they will have no choice but to reinstate her.

Elders are not interested in motives intentions, they just want a show that makes them think they are in control... when in reality it is your mother who is in control."

Heh. I highly doubt that my mother would be able to beg and cry in front of the elders. She's too stubborn. She's told me many times that the Troof keeps her marriage together. My view on this is that the Troof keeps her under control since she doesn't have any self-control.

• willy_think
    willy_think

All I can say to the first part is YAHHOOOOOO!! apostates rule!!!!!!

Well, when my Dad wanted a "scriptural reason" to leave my Mom he bonked a nice JW lady and rubbed it in my mom's face until she divorced him for adultery.He married the nice lady (she is truly nice) but she got very sick with a crippling disease it was time to bonk the next JW lady (another nice pick). Well, he marred her too. She died and he marred his forth wife who I have never met.

Two DFings for a total of one year of shunning. it might not be so nice but it is the easiest way.

• metatron
    metatron

How to get divorced and not get df'd:

Break up angrily

Wait for mate to commit adultery

If that doesn't happen, commit adultery yourself - one time, in a 'fit of passion'.

Tell your mate in a way that gets them angry and never want to see you again

Tell the elders right away and act repentant - add that your mate never wants
    to see you again, after you asked for 'forgiveness'.

Lay low a little while, finalize divorce, tell elders divorce is scriptural because
    former mate wants nothing to do with you.

Game ended.

it works! A former elder buddy of mine pulled this off with complete success.

metatron

• email
    email

Hi Nosferatu,

my active mother told me that a couple of months ago, there was an announcement made from the stage about an update on how to deal with Child Abuse situations. Apparently now, JWs are suppose to go to the police now. Anyone else hear about this?

If we're talking about the same letter read to the congregations this was more than just a couple of months ago... and even though the letter sounded as if their position on child abuse is a strong one... when you read between the lines the letter clearly states that "in states where it is required BY LAW" to report ANY incident of child molestation the elders had to do so... WHAT ABOUT THE REST of the STATES?!

By the way, if I am not mistaken (and maybe someone here can correct me) there are ONLY 6 states that require BY LAW reporting such incidents to the authorities.

So for me... that letter means NOTHING... and like Guest77 said it's mostly for Damage Control.

Hope this helps

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

"If we're talking about the same letter read to the congregations this was more than just a couple of months ago... and even though the letter sounded as if their position on child abuse is a strong one... when you read between the lines the letter clearly states that "in states where it is required BY LAW" to report ANY incident of child molestation the elders had to do so... WHAT ABOUT THE REST of the STATES?!"

Ah, now it makes so much more sense!! Jeehovah has provided new light upon us! Hooray for the FDS for figuring out what they can do without breaking the law. Millions now living will never go to the authorities. Elders are policement too!

This really pisses me off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit