WTB&TS has invested $40,000,000 in November 2007 in a Hedge fund located in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven

by sammy 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Geoffrey Jackson has married a younger woman with "flavor", shall we say. He's ready for an island paradise. It's even sweeter if YOU pay for it.

DD

• Listener
    Listener

Great information and also provides an avenue for further info gathering through google.

They have also been involved in the money market through JP Morgan

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/763852/000110465904032738/a04-10711_3497.htm

As of October 27, 2004, the following persons owned of record or beneficially 5% or more of the outstanding shares of the class identified of any of the Acquired Funds or Acquiring Funds. Shareholders indicated below holding greater than 25% or more of a Fund are "controlling persons" under the 1940 Act.

Fund Class Name and
    Address of Owner
    Type of
    Ownership
    Percentage
    of Class of
    Shares
    Percentage
    of Fund
    Percentage of
    Combined
    Fund after
    Reorganization*
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Agency JPMORGAN INVESTOR SERVICES
    CASH MGMT INVESTMENT SUPPORT
    ATTN CASH SWEEP OPERATIONS
    14221 DALLAS PARKWAY 2JIP 6TH FL
    DALLAS TX 75254-2942
    Record 40.207% 3.839% 0.921%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Agency JPMORGAN INVESTOR SERVICES
    CASH MGMT INVESTMENT SUPPORT
    ATTN CASH SWEEP OPERATIONS
    14221 DALLAS PARKWAY 2JIP 6TH FL
    DALLAS TX 75254-2942
    Record 35.324% 3.373% 0.809%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Agency STROOCK STROOCK & LAVAN LLP
    180 MAIDEN LANE
    NEW YORK NY 10038-4925
    Record 8.384% 0.801% 0.192%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Institutional WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY
    OF PENNSYLVANIA
    ATTN TREASURERS OFFICE DOMESTIC
    CASH MANAGEMENT
    25 COLUMBIA HTS
    BROOKLYN NY 11201-1300
    Record 7.337% 6.427% 1.541%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Institutional JPMORGAN TRUST CO NA
    PAUL G ALLEN - COLLATERAL ACCOUNT
    ATTN FUND OPERATIONS 3/OPS3
    500 STANTON CHRISTIANA ROAD
    NEWARK DE 19713-2107
    Record 7.229% 6.333% 1.519%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Institutional AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
    ATTN TREASURY ACCOUNTING DEPT
    PLOT NO 90 D SECTOR 18 UDYOG VIHAR
    GURGAON 122015
    HARRYANA INDIA
    Record 6.020% 5.274% 1.265%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Institutional SPRINT CORP
    ATTN KSOPHF0302-3B372 SUP CASH OPS
    6200 SPRINT PKWY
    OVERLAND PARK KS 66251-6117
    Record 5.516% 4.833% 1.159%
    JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund Morgan JPMORGAN INSTITUTIONAL TRUST
    SERVICES
    FBO VARIOUS TRUSTS
    ATTN VIRGINIA DELGADO
    2001 BRYAN TOWER 11TH FLOOR
    DALLAS TX 75254
    Record 32.000% 0.292% 0.070%
  • Listener
    Listener

The WTBTS is listed as an attendee at the Goldman Sachs 2012 Growth Markets Summit, Growth Markets Insights: Shaping Global Investment Themes

http://www.goldmansachs.com/gsam/pdfs/growth-summit-2012/2012GMS_RECAP2.pdf

• Listener
    Listener

Data Dog

Is this information available to the public? Does the WTBTS really have $500,000,000.00?? Inquiring minds want to know!!

No, as far as I can tell, the fund is set up as K2 STB Fund Ltd being a fund set up in 2007 dealing in Hedge Funds. This fund does not appear to be owned or controlled by the WTBTS as the WTBTS has only invested into it. The limit of the fund is 500 million. The Fund shows that only $40 million was sold and bought by the WTBTS, it doesn't look like any other entity has bought into it.

In 2011 the Form D filing shows that there still remained one investor with their investment amount being 40 million. The Form D in 2012 shows that there were no investors and no money invested in the Fund. It doesn't show what happened to it and how much money was returned (if any) to the one investor, being the WTBTS. Since this was before the market crash it would be interesting to know how much funds were lost.

http://whalewisdom.com/filer/k2-stb-fund-ltd

(click on Form D/A for info)

• vinman
    vinman
    Am I missing something? How do I know that these documents are concerning the Watchtower Society?😕
  • smiddy
    smiddy

vinman

If your asking about listener`s link ,just scroll down to the end of the report where all the names are listed and you will see Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

Vinman,

Regarding the K2 STB Fund Ltd, the link Sammy (OP) provided shows the original document filed by the Fund with the U.S. Government's Security & Exchange Commission and lists the WTBTS as the Beneficial Owner and that 40 million had been invested.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/vprr/07/9999999997-07-048801

As for the WTBTS's investment in the JW Morgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund, the link in my above posts shows this information as recorded also on the U.S. Government's Security & Exchange Commission website.

What's so interesting about this information is that it is definite proof that they have been investing in the money market and hedge funds. We knew that they had been attending seminars on these types of investments but this is the first time that I have seen proof that they have actualy invested WTBTS money into them. Also, it is clear that they are desperate for money and have upped their strategies to obtain it from the congregations, JWs, the sale of Kingdom Halls and the Bethel selloffs. The question is, where has all their money gone? They are losing money in court cases but they may have lost a lot due to risky investing when the market crashed several years ago.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

A link to some confusing information about many financial issues.

http://masonemerson.freeyellow.com/christianwitnessescom/id287.html

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    One of the things that helped me wake up and begin questioning was this in part. I did not have any of the documents but as the financial crisis went on starting in 08, I could tell something was changing. Obviously I could not tell for sure because I was only exposed to my congregation and nothing else. After a few years went by I could tell, not having been a JW before, that things have began shifting almost in tune with the crisis. The pressure for more money and the constant reminders. One of the things that shocked me was the arrangement for donations where you could get a return. Apparently this is only good enough for tax planning and they never give you the details at the hall, you are supposed to call the "Office of planned donations" (or at least that is what it was called in spanish). Later on I realized that they won;t disclose the details because if you don't understand what it means, then chances are you don't have enough money to invest. The only thing they would explain is that you could make a donation and receive an annuity for the rest of your life. I could not understand how it was possible for you to donate money to a church and get something back. Doing some research later, I realized that chances are that you would never really "make money on it" but certainly would help you save on taxes. I just don't think your church should give you any kind of material benefit other than whatever you may need if you are poor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit