Did any catch Bill bowen on radio?

by Nathan Natas 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

FREEMINDS had a note that Bill Bowen was going to appear on the MArk Fuhrman radio show a day or so ago. Did anyone happen to catch this? The show originates in Spokane WA and is syndicated, but not in my "market," and it isn't broadcast on the internet yet (but will be soon).

So did anyone catch it?

Former Los Angeles Police Detective Mark Fuhrman is the host of KXLYs All About Crime. Mark discusses the top crime related stories from the Inland Northwest and around the country Monday thru Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00pm.

Mark brings his extensive law enforcement background to the radio. Mark also uses his many contacts from law enforcement and as a best selling author to talk with the key people involved with the cases he is discussing.

www.markfuhrman.com

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 1 February 2003 13:1:51

• wasasister
    wasasister

Someone I know in Spokane heard it. He relates that Mark Furman was very disgusted with the "no reporting" aspect. Erika called in and told some of her story. One JW called in and objected that "everything was being misrepresented." When the hose pressed for details, the JW caller could only come up with something about the GB not being God's direct spokesmen. Did not deny any of the other allegations.

Again, this is second hand to the best of my recollection. I'm sure others will have a more accurate transcript shortly.

• romansfourteen1to6
    romansfourteen1to6

Farther down there was a thread about the show.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If 'search' was working I would have used it.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Though many people have had challenges with Bowen, I do think we should support and encourage anyone that is taking the effort to announce to the world what is really going on. The more we talk, the more the media will listen. The more they find out, the more it will be talked about. The world as we know it needs to know.

• jazbug
    jazbug

I heard it and it was great. Mike (the elder) was ripped apart by Fuhrman. Mike continually tried to side step Marks questiions and he would say, JUST GIVE ME A YES OR NO ANSWER.

Mark is dong a follow-up show next Tues and invited Mike to come with his policies, and the names of the 11 members of the GB and proof that elders have turned in pedophiles to the police. Well, we know Mike isn't going to show up but Mark was pissed and said in a private conveersation with Erica that he is calling the WT, the elders, etc. to get to the bottom of this. Let's hope he talks to JR Brown...I'd love to see how he would handle him.

If anyone wants to thank Mark for doing the show, his email is:

[email protected]

• jazbug
    jazbug

PS...the elder did try to deny everything...said these people were not telling the truth...that the elders do report pedophiles..etc. Mark read the paragraph from the 3/03 WT about the media being agents of Satan and Mike tried to deny that to a point..asked where Mark got that info and Mark told him from the website...."which website"...THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE WT. So then Mike really starts skirting the issue.

Fuhrman was disgusted with everything he heard about JW's...shunning, disfellowhipping, uneducated elders, no criticism of teachings or WTS and especially the abuse issue.

to wasasister...if your friend would like to email me, I would like to talk to him. There's a small group of us here meeting once a month at a private meeting place...I'm in Spokane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit