Toronto gatherings?

by RAYZORBLADE 9 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Just wondered, have there been any Toronto gatherings for XJWs from this forum?

How was it? and will there be another one? Curious, and would be interested in meeting some of the locals .

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

RB

Now that wife is into this site, she so wants so much to " fellowship of like kind " she would be eager to pull our trailer to anywhere an " apostatefestest " would be held. !

We would so much like to meet the other Canucks we have met on this forum !

Barring that, I read on this forum, that there may be a " gathering " in Green Bay Wisconsion this summer.

We went there for an assembly one year, ...and though it was a long drive.... it would be worth it.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey there XJW_B12 - yeah, it'd be neat to meet up with similar people, not just here, but from everywhere. I know we can do it here, but in-person, is great!

I was hoping that there'd be, at least, some sort of casual laid back gathering here in the city (Toronto).

You know, either a restaurant/bar/tavern, somewhere that is agreeable to everyone.

I'd be into meeting some local XJWs, just to say: "Hi" and keep it friendly.

Have you met any XJWs

• Scully
    Scully

I've met a few lovely folks from the board when we visited Toronto last summer. It was an excellent fun time.

Love, Scully

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

RB

We've never met XJW's. Just those that have left the same time we did. We need some fresh blood.

• acsot
    acsot

don't know about Toronto, but if there is a meet-up in Ottawa, I'll be there! It's sort of in-between Toronto and where I am .....

Skully???

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

There hasn't been much support for a meeting in Toronto this winter. There was supposed to be one tonight (Feb. 1), but I think it was canceled. However, last spring, summer and fall we had great turnouts. Some came from as far away as Minnesota, Massachusettes and even Florida. Probably we'll see more activity among us starting in March. I hope so. We have great conversations, and we eat good too. Toronto has some great restaurants, and there's always somebody in the group who knows where the price is just right. If you come, be prepared to meet Bible believers and Bible haters, persons who want some peace and quiet in their lives and persons who are ready to blow up Parliament or the White House, persons who think JWs are generally okay as people and those who think all JWs ought to be locked up, etc. What a mix! But it makes for lively - and friendly - discussion.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

and Bible haters,

Frank I'm going to pour a pint of beer over your head for that one....lol

Expatbrit

• Beans
  • RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, I wasn't particularly looking for anything formal, and I expect, one would run into all kinds, depending upon their time away from the organization, and of course, what affect it had upon them too. Some behaviours and attitudes, even with some XJWS can be a bit hard to digest, but...that's to be expected.

It'd be simply nice to meet people, 'hi, how are you, I'm Rayzorblade...and you are?' - that kind of thing.

Thanks FJ Toth. Glad you gave me a 'heads up' on what to expect.

I will restrain myself appropriately .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit