Disfellowshipping Sins/Reasons

by RAYZORBLADE 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

As an apostate, or disfellowshipped or disassociated person/JW.

Do you find that you judge XJW's based on the reason they were either disfellowshipped or disassociated?

Like, do you view persons disfellowshipped for smoking, different than those who committed adultery?

Do you view those who were disfellowshipped for scripturally challenging the organization differently than those who may have been disfellowshipped for lying or any fornicating reason? (the list could go on, for comparisons)

My bent is, once you are out, regardless of why: in the WTBTS eyes - you're a gonner!

I remember asking an elder a similar question, and he basically said: 'once they're disfellowshipped, for whatever reason, they are treated the same way as any other disfellowshipped person. Jehovah views them the same way. We should too'. This is not word for word, but pretty damn close.

Any thoughts?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

To leave because of truth seems like an honour. To be booted for smoking doesn't seem like you're even out. But to be booted out because of a truth has to be a blessing.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

At the KH I used to attend, the announcement was made after the Service Meeting that "so and so has been disfellowshipped." The congregation was never told the reason for the action. The same was true of disassociated ones. Talk about grist for the rumor mill !! In the parking lot after the meeting had ended there were lots of reasons and speculations as to why "so and so" was no longer with the congregation. Warrigal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit