Not posted for a year because mum died did not want blood.

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I posted here weekly until a year ago when my mum died of a mild form of lukemia which is easy to treat with 2 blood tranfusions a month. You can live to 100 with treatment, but no my mum chose to die a faithful Witness after 2 years of chemo and hell for her family and Doctors. Her chemo doctor cried when she only had weeks left to live knowing that she could be saved with one bag of blood! Mum died from a massive heart attack due to lack of blood. I watched her suffer in hospital everyday for one month powerless to do anything. So for a year anything to do with Jehovahs Witnesses made me feel sick. I hope my story helps someone get out of "the truth" that is killing people who were Im told "faithful to the end." What a waste now 1 year old grandaughter she only held a couple times in her weak arms before she died!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sheesh Witness 007 what can I say except I`m so sorry you had to go through this as you so rightfully say "what a waste" of life .

My heart goes out to you my friend in your sorrow. Its criminal that Jehovah`s Witness Governing Body can get away with these sort of Doctrines and go unpunished .

They are truly Bloodguilty....The trouble is I don`t believe their is a God to mete out punishment and the Authorities are certainly not doing anything about it .

My condolences to you and your family.

So sad.

• zeb
    zeb

Dear Witness007,

My condolences.

This is especially galling with the changes of the gb to this issue where by "parts" of blood is acceptable. Once it was ok then it was not now it is ok to accept "parts".

It may be of use to you to seek counselling.

Live long and prosper.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. As was said above, they are the ones that are truly bloodguilty. Someone once pointed out that the JWs are like a slow, methodical Jonestown. So much needless death. Hugs to you, and I'm sorry, which feels hollow in the face of such a stark reality.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This chimes with events in our family. I feel for you, illness is terrible but to refuse life saving treatment is an idealistic waste of life.

I am torn by the immense courage and nobility of those that give up their lives contrasted with fury at those that ask them to do so.

I hope you can feel pride at you mum's faith however misplaced. Nevertheless, make no mistake, the GB are cynically defending indefensible policies and beliefs in an attempt to keep a slowly sinking ship afloat. The fact that this costs lives in every sense makes them bloodguilty as others have stated.

Be strong.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry for your loss and having to watch her die in such a needless way. Wishing you and yours peace.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother, and can understand how anything JW related would be nauseating. For your own health, I wish you the best in focusing on the positive and getting a measure of peace. They've taken enough, don't let them take everything. If posting on here more frequently is something you're interested in or you think would help you sort out thoughts and move forward, I look forward to hearing from you again. If not, best wishes.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Very sorry for your loss.

We lost my wife's mother, long before her time, because in past years blood was the only way for any open heart surgery.

We lost my sister at age 43 because they couldn't get all the tumors out during surgery when her blood pressure fell for lack of a blood transfusion.

https://www.bnl.gov/hr/blooddrive/56facts.asp

1. 4.5 million Americans would die each year without life saving blood transfusions.
    2. Approximately 32,000 pints of blood are used each day in the United States.
    3. Every three seconds someone needs blood.
    4. One out of every 10 people entering a hospital needs blood
    5. Just one pint of donated blood can help save as many as three people's lives.
    6. Fourteen tests, 11 of which are for infectious diseases, are performed on each unit of donated blood
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

My condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss. Welcome back, and you have my best wishes.

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry for your loss and the added pain of the WTS involvement in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit