JW Picstures on line Google Images

by blondie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

No scanner but need to illustrate your point? Try Google Images, then select Jehovah's witnesses:

Edited by - Blondie on 30 January 2003 14:9:4

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

When I was little and we didn't have the Bible Stories book yet,the Paradise Lost book was what I looked at all the time.I used to stare at those pictures above for hours,and I would feel really sad for the people in the picture.I would also feel scared for myself,thinking that at Armageddon that could be me falling through the earth!Ahhhh,such happy memories....

• blondie
    blondie

I remember tha book too. I studied in it as a child with my siblings. We asked at every study how God was going to make sure only the bad people would fall into the crack. Would we get a message to stay home or stay away from that area? My mother never had an answer that satisfied us. I also grew up during the Cold War and the threat of nuclear annihilation. I just wondered how God could kill so many people and keep us safe.

Blondie(still asking the same questions 50 years later)

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

bittersweet....You and me both. I got to study in that "terrific" (or maybe "terrifying") book several times.

-BONEZZ

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Those pictures from the Paradise book sure bring back memories. Remember how goofy looking Jesus was as he hung on the stake? No beard if I remember correctly.

Stan

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Stan, Jesus was beardless till 1969 where suddenly in the midst of the Hippie Era he had a beard.

Blondie

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I checked out the additional pictures posted.

"Jehovah will destroy the bad ones who will not change"

I guess the kitty cat in the bottom right corner of the second picture didn't change!That's why he is being destroyed too!!!!

Seriously though,the last picture was a little disturbing.The dead bodies looked a little too real!Glad that one wasn't out when I was little.....the Paradise Lost book was enough for me!

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

Those images reminded me of the recurring nightmares i had when i was a teenager, at the time i could never understand the fear i woke up with but i think definitely related to the jw armageddon teachings.

Kwiji.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

What a way to warp a young child's mind. I was brought up with that book Paradise Restored and it had a deep influence on my young mind. I think some of those thoughts are still in my subconscious mind and may always be there until the day that I die. It is pretty sad that a religion is allowed to poison a young impressionable minds like that.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit