living with in-laws

by Mercedes 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Mercedes
    Mercedes

Is anyone out there living with in-laws? Or just living with your significant other's parents? Well, I am living with my boyfriends father...who is gay. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gays; I actually have a few gay friends. Anyways, his father is always saying things to get at me and piss me off. Everyone keeps telling me to just ignore it, but it is very hard to when he does it 24-7. In the last month, we have gotten into a couple of big fights. Well, the other day, I woke up at 6:30 am to make my boyfriends lunch for him for the day when he is at work. His father started in on me about my drinking and driving. I used to be a real party animal, then a drank and drove and ran my car into a telephone poll, and I am lucky I am alive. Since then, I have turned my life over to God and havent' had a drink in a very very long time. And I feel A LOT better now. But anyways, I told his dad to please quit b/c I wasn't in the mood (not at 6:30 in the morning). He then kept going so I told my boyfriend that me and his father can't live together and this is the reason we need to find our own place. We are just getting on our feet, that is why we are living with his father. Rent runs REAL HIGH!! Anyways, his dad took it in a mean way, which I didn't mean it in a mean way, and walked off and called me a bitch. I then followed him and asked him what he called me. He then got up in my face and was ready to hit me and yelled "bitch!" Then he started going off telling me that I didn't respect him and then started calling me all the bad names girls are called. He even then tried telling my boyfriend that I was staring at guys' dicks (through their pants) when they came over!! Crazy, huh? For the rest of the day he kept trying to yell at me, but I just ignored him. He even told me that I was no saint so I shouldn't act like that. I'm just trying to get better. Lastly, I go to school over the internet, and I had a law test that day due by 1pm, and he shut the phone lines off. That was the last straw. He calls me childish, but look what he is doing and he is 50!! My boyfriend is stuck in the middle, but I don't want to be near his dad or have anything to do with him. How can I do this without hurting my boyfriend? Am I to blame too? (Sorry this is soo long I just need some good advice)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Personally-I would move out-- If your boyfriend loves you- he will follow- I do believe to live with In-laws- is a No,no, I dont think gay has anything to do with it.It sounds like jealousy to me- & you know that is rottenenss to the bone- it wont heal- it just gets worse...If you had your own apartment ( I know it costs more) but in the end it will be worth the money- because living like this will produce ulcers & then you will suffer...My 2 cents ( & if you have no money go to social welfare & get help

You ask for opinions thats mine

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Mercedes, first off welcome to the forum!

I think Mouthy's advise of moving out is the best advise. You won't win with him and it will eventually cause you and your boyfriend to break up. Maybe you can move in (just you) with a friend and share rent? Your parents? Some family member? Hey the WMCA?

I lived with a gay guy for several months and many of my friends at the time were gay. Pete was just like a girlfriend to me we were really best buds. One thing Pete told me is that there are gay guys who absolutely HATE women. It sounds like that is the way your boyfriends father is, you don't deserve the treatment he giving you. No one does, really!

If I were you I would start making plans to move imediately! IMHO

Good luck!

Katie

edited to correct spelling.....my spell checker is at work today,ugh!

Edited by - bikerchic on 30 January 2003 13:9:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit