A ship (no matter how big) will ultimately sink if it has a hole

by iconoclastic 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

OnTheWayOut

The OT style of saying ‘if you obey God’s word, you will flourish; if not maledictions are upon you’ (Deut 28:1-68) is an expanded version of the Law of Cause and Consequences. One can trace its origin even in the pronouncements against Adam and Eve, Cain etc. Later it is repeated in more refined fashion (Job 4:8; Prov 26:27; Ezekiel 18:20; Ps 28:3-4 and through Gal 6:7) But the licentious do not like this law, hence had to fabricate stories of God’s faithful servants violating this rule, yet escaping with no punishment or with mild punishment. Even the whole purpose behind introducing ransom teaching seems to be this. Thus interpolators had their say, proved more powerful than the original Scripture writers—something Jesus himself had prophesied. (Mathew 13:24-30)

• cofty
    cofty

BK Cult...

Beliefs: that 7,000,000,000 plus human beings must die during an imminent and desirable ‘End of the World’ they called “Destruction”, in order that 900,000 faithful Brahma Kumari followers will inherit a heaven on earth before 2036.

To outsiders, BKs refer to this event as a “Transformation” and adherents are led to believe that a heavenly royal status can be achieved after it by donating money, free labor and unquestioning mental submission to the Brahma Kumari leadership, who will rule the world as Emperors and Empresses. Those who do not will are said to become servants.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Humanity is like a ship, and holes are our hobbies

I stopped there.................sorry Icon, no offense, mate. I'm sure you're a sincere person but your posts are a little......er............eccentric.

Are you Brahma Kumaris perchance?

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Sorry Icon!

But to mee it looks like your head is stuffed with hay. I think that you must find some more enligthenment. You need to study a little bit more, to get your "life examin".

Bugbear

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Bugbear

I was just picturizing the second law of thermodynamics, as jokingly put by the British scientist C.P. Snow that “there is always an increase in disorder; entropy always increases.”
    punkofnice, If you have problem with opening statement of the OP, you may go straight to the last sentence which is a quote from Einstein.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Slidin Fast17 hours ago
    And I thought this thread was going to be about HMS Jdub.

While it is true that the wt vessel has lots of holy* holes in its doctrinal compartment, by the GB captain's announcement to the working passengers, the real problem is the constant tacking, backtracking in attempts to find the right course,-- contrary to the prevailing 'holy wind' and written instructions.

*holy because without being presumptuous, they are directed, revealed, therefore must be caused by the wt G-O-D himself.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Icon - Einstien said some interesting things....not sure I would always agree with him just because it's not cool to disagree with him.

So, what is your magnum focus with your threads? Are you advertising a particular system of belief? If so, what is it?

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

punkofnice

My point is simple: We are doomed, and we have to create a God if he does not exist, because only He can save us.

In the meantime why take risk leading a licentious life? Lead a life as though your life is a light (guide) and warmth (encouragement) to others—something Jesus implied in Mathew 5:44-48

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Icon - Ah, I see. A sort of a wassisnames wager....pascal was it?

Being as I am a simple geezer I prefer your last explanation. I agree...man has made god in his own image.

I rather think we're on our own though...........just my thoughts.

• DJS
    DJS

Icon,

And just how do you know we are doomed? Did god tell you? Tea leaves? Old, meaningless scrolls? Our planet has a lot of problems, but in many ways our species is much better off than they have ever been. We would continue to evolve and improve our species much faster if only we could get rid of the religious bigots and haters causing so much damage, especially the End of Timers and those greedily waiting for their god to destroy, as Cofty put it, 7 billion people so that you and your few friends can continue eating your own in cultlike fashion in your new world.

Please provide evidence that we are doomed.

And why do you have such a hang-up with what people do with their private parts? What consenting adults do, including the POTUS, is none of your business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit