Four "Sisters" killed in a car crash , Texas

by BluesBrother 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Very, very sad, the driver of the P/U truck sounds like an absolute arsehole. In fact he sounds as though he may be a Psychopath.

Certainly the full weight of the Law needs to come down on him, but nothing will help the families of these poor women.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Such a sad story. The family must be devastated. The other driver should be in jail for a good long time. That was disgraceful, dishonorable and evil in every way. Accidents happen, but drinking and driving and leaving the scene of such an accident is inexcusable.
  • Simon
    Simon

Very sad.

It's a shame so many vehicular deaths are labelled "accidents" when it's rarely the case. Normally it's someone being reckless, careless or aggressive.

In this case "beer bottles lying around the floor of the truck" tells us everything we need to know.

• Lieu
    Lieu

In law enforcement, they are referred to as "collisions", not accidents. Driving around all drunk up isn't an accident.

Q.E.P.D ladies.

• Divergent
    Divergent

OneEyedJoe:

Not sure why you'd say that. I know of a number of JW women that dress very similarly to that, especially in the spanish congregations (this story is local to me...) around here. Obviously not while they're at meetings or in service, but any other time, especially on 100* days like we've been having, they'll be in short shorts and a tank top

Yes, I didn't think she was a witness because of her dressing. JW's where I am would consider it to be immodest and none would dress like that. Those JW's in your area must be very tolerant!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I hadn't heard of this before. Terrible and tragic.

My condolences to their friends and families. I hope they get all the help they need to deal with this.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

When people post these tragic stories can some of you refrain from trying to have to post something negative about the witnesses via every minute angle? I mean really? A woman placing flowers turns into: where were the witnesses placing flowers?

Most JW's I knew were very nice, kind people who would give you the shirts off their backs. Maybe you knew a few a-holes, but most are not.

Try having a little discretion and a sense of balance. 4 women died in a car accident. There is nothing anti-JW to find it that people.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    My wife heard from a reliable source that donations are sought for the families. Here in South Texas an announcement was made in at least one KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit