remember your first door?

by christopherceo 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

My very first door was slammed rather rudely in my face...should've taken the hint!!!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember my first door. I remember the lady looking at me like I had killed her dog or something. Boy were we pests!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Yep. I was a cocky little 6-year old, fully prepared with my presentation and the latest magazines. Stood there confidently telling a middle-aged man what he should believe. He declined, and I walked away feeling so proud that I'd tried to enlighten that poor man. My career was launched.

I really got my comeuppance when I was taking my 8-year old to his first door. Another middle-aged man, he also declined, and then gave me the most scathing look, fire in his eyes, cut through me to the bone. My own youthful arrogance flashed to mind...

Craig

• aarque
    aarque

I'll never forget it. I was 6 years old and working with the book study conductor. He knocked on the door and it was opened by a guy who looked to be about ten feet tall. I barely got my name out, and he leaned down and boomed out "Yeah??? whatta ya want, kid?" I completely froze up and couldn't say another word. The BSC took over, the householder refused and slammed the door. When we left the house, the BSC gave me a dressing down for not speaking up. This happened more than 40 years ago and I remember like it happened yesterday.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

No but I remember on of LDH's doors, HAhahaha. snow-sledding rotf!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit