Stupid Brother

by scumrat 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• scumrat
    scumrat

I just received a letter in the mail from my JW brother. Inside was a note written on a scrap piece of paper with a check for $210.00. He says " this is your share of whats left of uncle Charlies money". What a joke !!! This moron dis-owns me, tells me I am ONLY a biological brother. And only after my uncle was in the hospital for over 3 weeks ( Oct 2001 ) I get a call from the social worker stating that my uncle needs medical procedures that my brother and family members won't sign for. So here he is unconscious for 3 weeks, near death and no one tells me $hit except the social worker. Eventually he died.

It's a good thing my older ( first born ) brother with his infinate JW wisdom was available to handle his estate when he died. I, being in the financial services industry could not possibly have done as good a job of losing so much of my uncle's money as he did. And get this, he gets paid for being the Executor of the estate. I don't care about the money. It's just that he doesn't know $hit about financial matters. He had my uncle's apt. cleaned out and I didn't even have a chance to go through it !!

So the question is,,,,, now that I have his return adress what do you recommend I do ?

Scumrat

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Find out what was in that will, and then investigate that bastard. He sounds like a real prize.

ash

• kls
    kls

pretty much same here. except my mother died sister was executive of will, took every thing and left the rest of us kids with nothing. even though she had nothing to do with her. seems to be pretty common in familys, greed is so ugly.i am sure wt would agree.

• Independent
    Independent

I too, have a stupid brother. If you want to contact him and hear his twisted thinking, use the address. If you want to go live your life in peace, file the address away. Do nothing with it. Do check on the will though - great advice. There could be more to it than you know. Sorry about your loss.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dang! From your title, I though one of my family had taken my challange! Anyway, I understand your experiance. When my mother died I was in her will for exactly $1. She did not want me "breaking her will" so followed the elders advice to the T. Funny thing, after my oldest brother got through as executor, there wasn't enough left to even cover the buck! Can you beleive it?

On the other side of the coin, when my mother-in-law passed away the kids all assembled and democratically decided how things should be split up a) to reflect her known wants and b) to make sure those that needed more got it. My wife and I didn't really need anything but participated in the process as part of keeping unity in the family. It's still there after all was said and done.

BTW, none of us belonged to any religious organization at the time. Connect the dots!

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit