Did you want to...

by shera 9 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

When you were told you were going to be DF,did you really want to be? (before you found out the dirt on the WTS?)

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Nope - I was about as repentent as they come! But, being a fragile young thing, after awhile I couldn't take the shunning anymore & eventually "drifted away". I still wish that I had left on "better terms" as there are certain things that are "unresolved" - meaning I wish that those who had known me had known I left for "honorable" reasons as opposed to being "kicked out".

• minimus
    minimus

Shera, why would anyone want to be disfellowshipped? If they wanted out of the organization, they could have simply disaasociated themselves.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Not necessarily Minimus - some wish to make a statement....you're just mad guess you didn't think of this question!

• minimus
    minimus

Petty,You're so cute! Maybe I just don't get the question.......But I do want to.

• Jade
    Jade

The only reason I didn't want to be disfellowshipped is because I knew it would generate shunning from the part of my family that are still in the borg. Other than that, I really don't care what the people at the hall think.

Jade

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Thanks minimus - you're pretty yummy looking yourself!

• be wise
    be wise

Look, we all know that there's much more invovledthan that, for example family and a way of life only that you may be only used too. Sorry, nobody likes a smart arse. Although by saying the word arse I've probably switched off most witnesses to listening to what I've even said.

• shera
    shera
    Shera, why would anyone want to be disfellowshipped? If they wanted out of the organization, they could have simply disaasociated themselves.

I understand where your confusion is comming from ... I DA myself and was never put in that situation...so I don't understand where the DFones are comming from.

Well,some people were not living by the WTS rules and not wanting to be a JW.The question just poped up in my mind and I was wondering if anyone who no longer wanted to be a JW,didn't want to be DF before they found out all the BS on the WTS.I understand the family thing,not wanting to loose family.Sorry to confuse LOL!!

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

I didn't realize i was disfellowshiped till my mom told me like a month later or something after it had happened. As far as i'm concerned...i was very happy that i am ...though now i do have a small part that cries out for three very close friends of mine who are still in the organization. Two of which were also disfellowshiped but that was last year and one got reinstated by now. He talks to my mom occassionally asking about me but that's about it. The other i do not know where she is. I tried to get a hold of her last year just out of the blue but i heard she was in trouble. living out of state made things difficult, so i asked my brother to help fin dher and he never really attempted to. The third is in good standing and because of me being disfellowshiped, i highly doubt she would communicate with me for a very long period of time. So at the time i perfered to be disfellowshiepd...now i see a reason why i wish i wasn't. But it's all good...i'll be able to talk to them someday. ~FS

Edited by - fiveshadows on 28 January 2003 23:8:16

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit