Erin Brockovich / Final Justice

by Celia 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

I heard this ad on the radio for Final Justice with Erin Brockovich on Lifetime Television. Here is the link to the site :

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-15439/

She takes on cases where women have been denied justice. Would she discuss disfellowshiping and shunning and how it destroys families ? Or how abused girls have been denied help ?

Who's going to contact her ?

Edited by - Celia on 28 January 2003 19:34:31

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wouldn't trust her as far as I can comfortably spit out a rat:

http://www.fumento.com/mickeyerin.html

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I'm curious as to why the company shelled out 300 million if they had science on their side? You'd think they would at least fight like hell before they would part with that kind of cash.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

They are a utility company - they can pass their legal losses on to their consumers in the form of increased bills. They just didn't think the publicity was worth it. As for how the money was distributed after the "win", it all came down to how close you were to Brockovich, according to another article I read. I wouldn't trust the woman - she's a classic ambulance chaser. If someone wants to pursue legal action over this issue, I'd approach the legal firm that's doing the paedophilia class action; the ones who post here from time to time.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Mega,

PG & E did fight. They also agreed to binding arbitration. Once the verdict is delivered, there is no appeal. Hence, they HAD to shell out the cash.

Andee

• Celia
    Celia

I have not watched this program on TV and I don't know how good of a job she's doing and if the cases she takes on are legitimate. But I would think so. Has anyone seen Final Justice ?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Erin Brockovich was in Toronto last June for the touring "Vagina Monologues" show.

I did not see the movie, or am I familiar with her work. But her name seemed to be 'everywhere'.

A friend of mine did speak at the "Vagina Monologues" here in Toronto, but unfortunately, due to work, I missed the entire event.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

As much as I enjoyed the movie starring Julia Roberts, I must say:

Erin is not an attorney. She is not even a paralegal (I am). Any thing she does and "takes on" must be sactioned by an attorney, otherwise it is unauthorized practice of law and she is subject to fines and jail. Really....attorneys protect their territory that way (and keep numbskulls from telling people to sue....but I digress)

All she can do, like paralegals trained and untrained, is research, write briefs, give her opinion to the attorney and hope he uses all her efforts in his case.

Because of the movie, she is now a celebrity and will take on causes that will help her...whether that is with more attention or money.

I would not hold my breath that she would help. Save the whales, rain forest etc makes better press.

You might try a law school. Law students want to find a case that they can get their profs help on and Voila! a huge new story is born.

Try advertising in a local paper, of a university, that has a law school...make it clear you are not asking for legal advice, you are seeking to change something. Otherwise the law students are under the same requirements that paralegals are....unauthorized practice of law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit