Mike & Alice Krammer (Minnesota & New Z...

by ExpandedMind 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone from Minnesota or New Zealand knew of a Mike and Alice Krammer. They were pioneers in Minnesota and possibly got into the Circuit work while there and then heard they moved to where the need was greater in New Zealand.

Thanks...

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Mackin
    Mackin

Hi there ExpandedMind.

I knew Mike & Alice Krammer well but haven't had any contact with them since my escape form the borg. They were on the circuit I was in and then broght into Bethel during the time I was there. I heard they are now back on the circuit but I'm not sure which part of NZ they are currently working in. As far as I know they are still rabidly active 'dubs.

Mackin.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I actually I do remember them...I was very young, but I remember they went over there and then came home for a bit and we had a slide presentation of the work they were doing over there at our hall one night. Again, I was very little...probably 6-8...but I do remember what they looked like, and slightly remember the slide presentation....I have no idea whatever happened to them. I wasn't close to them or anything...sorry I can't be more help.

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Thank you both for getting back to me. I really appreciate it! <smile!>

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

jo......I remember someone from NZ too......came to visit the Hall once......gawd, that was eons ago.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I knew Mike and Alice when they were assigned (where the need was great) to the congregation in Onamia, Minnesota, since I visited there frequently.

They were a very fun couple, very easy to get along with. One Sunday afternoon, we watched an old Astaire/Rogers musical movie together, and they showed they could have a really good time.

Then (late 80's - early 90's) they went off to the Gilead school for missionaries. They were one of only 3 couples from Minnesota who have attended that school in the last quarter-century.

Mike wanted to go to an exotic assignment where the food and language was strange. Imagine his surprise when he was assigned to English-speaking New Zealand, and to work as a circuit overseer there -- with a lot of urban territory. It was a little bit different than he envisioned, but I'm sure he tried to do well with it.

I haven't heard from these two for over a decade now.

• belogical
    belogical

Just do a google search for Michael Krammer he is currently in IL usa PM me if you still draw a blank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit