Conspiracy site www.voxnyc.com gone - why?

by back2dafront 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I got turned on to the info on this site a few months ago, and I'd check it every now and then. The last time I looked at it, about a week ago, a friend of the person that was the author and host of the site claimed the CIA had surrounded his (the authors) house searching for him. He wasn't there at the time, so I guess they didn't find him. Now I pull up the site and it's gone.

This site had tons of info on it, claiming the Bush family was behind the attempted asssassination of Reagan, an in-depth look into 9/11, JFK, Osama, etc etc etc.

My question is this: Does the government monitor these sites? Do they view these sites the same way the borg views this one - as angry, misled people who have something against them? Or do they take down some of these sites just as the borg has supposedly sent viruses to "apostate" websites in order to prevent the real truth from surfacing?

Just curious. I try to take research from several resources and compare the facts, and I'm not quite sure how to feel about "conspiracy theories." A lot of them are so far-fetched it's hard to believe they could be true, but some of them you can't help but wonder, and it doesn't help matters that the government has been known to be quite dirty in the past. It's hard to determine whether one should believe the propaganda produced by the corporate media or the loony conspiracy theories put forth by drugged-out hippies.

How do you draw the line? I sincerely want to know because I've been pretty much laughed at for believing information I've learned on conspiracy websites, yet when I ask for proof otherwise I recieve no response. I'm undertaking years of research that I've missed out on from being in the Borg and I want to be able to gain accurate knowledge of the world, therefore I need to know what the best sources are. I'm desperately working towards being able to pursue a college education, but I'm going to have to wait until the fall to do so, so until then I'm making use of the greatest source of informations available, the internet.

So are conspiracy theories all bogus? Any comments on this would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

back2dafront

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

back2

i know www.bilderberg.org has had a hard time staying online.

was voxnyc.com mirrored by any other sites?

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I don't know.

Honestly, I'm not quite certain what you mean by "mirrored?" Same site at a different address??

• Pleasuredome
  • nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Voxnyc was removed because of one of his articles that suggested Mr Bush should be assassinated....Secret Service, by law, has to follow up on all threats made to the president. Supposedly, this guy is in hiding.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I sincerely want to know because I've been pretty much laughed at for believing information I've learned on conspiracy websites, yet when I ask for proof otherwise I recieve no response

The person making the statement is the one who needs to come up with the proof.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Hey nakedmvistar, I've noticed a few of your comments on other posts - where do you get your info from? voxnyc had an interesting take, but he should've been a little less aggressive. Too bad.

Shutterbug, yeah, exactly my viewpoint - just confuses me when they don't - I mean, I'd think a person would be prepared to back themselves up before calling someone an idiot for posting an article or making a remark about the info contained within.

Quite amusing indeed.

• QUESTIONEVERYTHING
    QUESTIONEVERYTHING

I guess Voxnyc has never heard of Echelon. If he had, he would have known that the goverment uses this to monitor all internet, phone, etc communications. It seeks out anything that will mention president assinations etc.

He should have known better. A conspiracist should be paranoid at all times. He just wasen't paranoid enough!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The guy went a litte bit 2 far. While there are 2 sides to every story and somethings are not brought to the publics attention, what that guy was saying was NUTS. As they say, if you look for something hard enough you will find it, no matter how untrue it may be.

The majority of his views seemed to be based on the Kevin Bacon theory.

If A meet B who met C who met D who met E who met F who met G who met H who met I, then A must somehow be connected to I and must be part of some greater conspiracy to kill J.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit