Hatred of Jews

by minimus 6 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have never understood the hatred and dislike towards Jewish people. So many people are bothered by Jewish influence.

Do you have anti Jewish bias?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

None. What would be the point? Whatever grievances that people could attribute to Jews, including the typical ones about greed or about being the people who killed their imaginary god, why would you blame everybody now, for things that other folks did in the past, who just happened to belong to the religion?

Also even the objection to Jews that some idiots have because they killed their god, is absolute nonsense. The idea is that it was God that specifically outlined this plan for Geeesuushh to be killed and then resurrected. Now, if this was God's plan, they how could Jews not kill Geeeesuushh? Jews should be thanked instead for making sure that God's plan was fulfilled, even if the plan is completely idiotic.

• minimus
    minimus

I think some people assume that the Jews were responsible for Christ’s death. Ignorance contributes to hatred of anybody different.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

One of the first friends we made when my wife and I left Watchtower world was an Israeli born Jew.

She really helped us (esp. my wife) get through those early tough times. Plus, she could relate to us a little, like being the only kid in school (she grew up in the US) that didn't celebrate Christmas etc.

On top of that she had degrees in sociology and cultural anthropology, so she was fascinated with our background. She'd talk with us for hours about our kampf (I'd say that jokingly to her).

Anyway, I never had an anti Jewish bias, in spite of coming from a crazy redneck family.

In fact, I was disappointed when I did a DNA test and didn't have even a smidge of Jewish ancestry. 100% boring ultra Nordic/Germanic blood here...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think a lot of people confuse Jews with JW's. only an "e" difference.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Religion is very good at creating an “us and them” mentality, and antisemetism is one of the consequences.

Religion by its nature, is tribal. Sadly, that applies to mainstream religions, not just cults. I suspect that that is one of the main reasons organised religions have been able to survive and dominate, over the centuries.

• Brian J
    Brian J

Recently had a public talk that referenced Jews. Went something like this:

"to this day, world-renowned hatred exists for these people, and rightly so...for its Biblical! Friends please open with me in your Bibles to Exodus chapter 32 and we'll consider verses 9 and 10 together to see for yourself the reason for the hatred."

barf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit