"If you touch me, I will blow up. I am a ...

by Dia 5 Replies latest social current

• Dia
    Dia

"If you touch me I will blow up. I am a bomb."

That was the note attached to the teddy bear that the police blew up in Denmark.

I can't help but to think that that might be a good policy for JW children to adopt.

;-)

Edited to correct and complete the missing quote.

Edited by - Dia on 25 January 2003 20:17:11

Edited by - Dia on 25 January 2003 20:28:12

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Did you mean a warning printed on the child to deter molesters or teaching the children not to touch teddy bears or toys. I can see it either way. Dang! what is this world coming to? (I know, I know.....

• Dia
    Dia

I meant it would be nice if JW kids could adopt the right to assert themselves and 'blow up' in the form of screaming and shouting and telling EVERYONE (teachers, police, neighbors) if anyone laid a hand on them. I also meant it would be very nice if that certain knowledge were in the face of every single JW on God's green earth. Like a warning that if they DARED put their hands where they didn't belong there would be high hell to pay. Y'know, kinda; like a bomb going off.

• Dia
    Dia

bump. (corrected)

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

I agree 100%, Dia. The problem is that those of us on this forum as well as Silent Lambs and Freeminds are aware of the danger. The parents still sitting in the KH may have no idea that there is an urgent need to talk to their children and instruct them how to handle that most scary situation.

The parents are taught to ignore the bad reports and don't seem to think that they are true. I hope we see more about the molestation issue on TV here as that may be the only time the parents are made aware that their children are at risk.

If we picket with signs outside the KH we are ignored as apostates.

• Dia
    Dia

Yes, I thought maybe we could have a 'media event' of sending them a bunch of kid's t-shirts, reading, "I am the bomb" and at least get to explain our reasons to the newspapers in the hope that it might somehow leak into the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit