Do you find it hard to be around active JW's now?

by EdenOne 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

I do find it difficult to be around JW's for sure. But as Desirous of Change and John Aquila stated if any of the JW's I used to know wanted to chat with me about TTATT - Ill be there in a heartbeat for them - as long as I know they're being honest wanting to really know information and not " setting me up " to stir up trouble for me with some of my still in JW extended family.

I have lots of ex-JW and non-JW friends that I 'm happy with and who see me for who I really am- not for who they WANT me to be like my JW former friends. And being authentic, real and genuine is very important to me - I tried to fake it for years as a JW - not going to put that pressure on myself anymore- there's no REASON to. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It depends how aggressive they are with their outward expressive spirituality.

I've been social with some JWS who know I'm not involved and they tone it down and we get along fine.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That's the problem with fading, you don't realise that you will change and grow when you leave, but your family and friends won't. Eventually you change so much you can't really have same kind of relationship.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Their conversations with inactive jws are always choreographed to "encourage" them to come back to tell them what they are missing.....Blondie

...........Conversations with JWs invariably "Degrade" into a Watchtower Sales Pitch..

.............................Image result for sales pitch

....Image result for sales pitch....Image result for Watchtower armageddon

Image result for Watchtower Paradise....Image result for Sign here

.......................................Image result for the end

• millie210
    millie210
    LisaRose
    That's the problem with fading, you don't realise that you will change and grow when you leave, but your family and friends won't. Eventually you change so much you can't really have same kind of relationship

Boy is that ever true LisaRose. I am in the stage of discovery about that right now.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I haven't been to a meeting since the 80's and the only Dub I was around every few months was my hairdresser, who needless to say had a lot of the sisters as clients. I stopped going about 7 or 8 years ago, although I couldn't afford to go to her every few months, I just couldn't take it anymore, she wasn't the problem it was the sisters that were there talking about this study and "how we're a busy people" and all that BS JW speak just grates on the nerves.

Only interesting thing I heard was when the sister who's the hairdresser told me her ministerial husband found a way to get free HBO cable. Also, she was the one that collected the money weekly for a SuSu, which is like a pyramid scheme where you put your money in every week and one person gets paid off every week.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I really don't know how people can "go through the motions" without insanity setting in.
  • cofty
    cofty

I don't like JWs.

How can anybody enjoy being in the company of people who view 99.9% of the world's population as "worldly" and worthy of immanent destruction?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Nothing worse then having friends that are so ignorant yet so arrogant.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

In a word, Yes!

Knowing that any one of these "Christians" would stick their knife into you for saying something which puts their seven gods in a bad light - doesn't feel nice being amongst them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit