Something happened to an old friend

by Nosferatu 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Today, I decided to make an effort to get back in contact with an old friend that I used to hang out with from the congregation. Apparently, he's inactive now. I made a post about him in a different forum. I'm happy to say, I'm getting closer to finding him, but I'm finding out other things as well....

A few years ago, his family was assigned to learn spanish and go down to Ecuador to do the preaching work, where the need was great. From what I've gathered so far, it seems he went inactive while living there, and got into skateboarding.

I found a link on a website to his email address, but it had the following description by his name

Thiery is a dedicated landscaper; a skateboarding accident in South America disabled him from skateboarding.

As you can imagine, this shocked the shit out of me. Seems he moved back to my city after this happened. I did send him an email, stating that I hope to get back in contact with him. Here's the response that I got: Hey guy, I'm not Thiery, I'm alex. I get his email by default from the skate asssoc, since he can't check his email. I'll pass your message on to him. Okay, now I'm really wondering what the hell happened to him? How serious was it? I have no clue how he's going to feel about me trying to get in contact with him. Anyone have any suggestions if I don't get a response from him?

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

Keep trying to find him, he may need you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit