The Greatest Paradox

by Perry 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb - Indeed, my friend. I think of all the things that could improve my life right here and right now.......................it seems to begin and end with having enough money to survive and have a little treat too. Neither of which I cope with very well now that the WBT$ a so called 'christian' religion destroyed my family through their hateful mind control. I am soured agains religions now. I could never find faith ever again. that there is no god makes more sense to me. It's all just men...men who make spurious claims about a magic psychotic bloke in the sky.

At the end of it all there's just us...humans....struggling on or living a charmed life...there is no fairness. No karma. No blessings from above. No allah. No jehovah. No nothing to help us.

Ooops...I'm rambling. Ramble over.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Punk that's exactly right. I Would,rather be poor and not fooled than be a rich fool.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SSC - You got that right, friend. There is something about being true to oneself rather than be a fake for the money. I accuse the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses of being fakes for the money.
  • Perry
    Perry
    Perry, many on this board as former witnesses feel our God and " church"abandoned us.

And making decisions based strictly on feelings is unwise. As humans, limited in perception, we can EXPECT to be deceived, especially in our feelings.

It is very simple. God says that you can't earn membership into his family.

The Watchtower taught us that we had to work for it.

We all still have the same choices now that we had when we were JW's.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Eph 2: 8,9

We all made it out of the Watchtower prison, one way or another. So what stops some people from receiving God now, their hurt feelings. I've seen it over and over again.

It is one thing to get someone out of prison; it is another thing to get the prison out of the person.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Perry:
    And making decisions based strictly on feelings is unwise. As humans, limited in perception, we can EXPECT to be deceived, especially in our feelings.

Obviously you're referring to yourself here.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

SecretSlaveClass:-

Say you believed photography is magic and has nothing to do with light? Say the photographer can make everybody see things his way?

Isn't that what we believed as Witnesses? That the G.B were the special developers?And did we not trust the exact exposure of their eyes?

Now we have our own lenses, but how often can we trust what our eyes see? ( I was just watching a lady I thought was talking to herself, then moments later I saw she was in fact talking to someone)

What is my point?

A poor person can be fooled and happy as much as a rich person can be in unfooled and unhappy.

The Rebel.

• vinman
    vinman
    I am always happy to learn that someone like yourself has not abandoned God. I haven't, and I can't express how happy I am inside. I have discovered two beautiful truths that bring the entire Bible together. Two things that remove all the "clutter". Two things that make the Bible so easy to understand. I will not spill my thoughts about those things here. While I do respect you, from what you say on your posts, it feels so complicated. I could never trade what I have discovered, for such complexity.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

To answer Vinman:-

I agree, In my world " the heart can talk"

When the heart talks, flowers can outlive this Autumn. That is evidence we should not put down the toilet.

The Rebel.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

One of the greatest mind-boggling things I see is this: People learn to abandon using just their feelings to start discovering real truths via scientific methods and Perry accuses them of feeling angry with God and following their feelings. Meanwhile, after Perry has gone so far in learning that he wasn't in "the truth," that his feelings allowed him to be deceived, he still embraces Christianity because such beliefs feel right to him. To him, there's still a truth just like the Watchtower promised, but he just has to focus on Jesus instead of Jehovah and ignore science. Jesus feels right to him. It boggles the mind that he hasn't really learned a thing.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

The Rebel:

People with good powers of perception don't focus one one aspect of their observations. They don't take things at face value and base their conclusions on a vast array of information and try to form conclusions based purely on what they consider to be facts. A well trained soldier for example is taught to quickly observe his surroundings, evalute them and how his current situation relates to them, try to decide firstly what he does know for certain and then calculate all the plausible possibilities. Once he feels he has made an accurate evaluation as possible, he will plan his next move. It is not possible to be a great tactician without being skilled at perception. Fortunately people are able to be trained to be better at perception but it demands a lot of self-discipline.

Luminosity has a great app for training your brain, and getting yourself into good habits like forcing yourself to learn and ask questions, playing games of observation while just walking down the street or sitting in a restaurant, drawing conclusions then comparing them with the conclusions of others and learning how they arrived at theirs all teach you how to be perceptive.

So next time when the TV is on consider immersing yourself in a game of perception because it is a skill and a life tool you have to keep practicing. I know I need a lot of practice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit