The Greatest Paradox

by Perry 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    All my born again friends tell me their are leaving Earth in the rapture so I don't know what you're talking about.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Perry - "We all spent untold hours in the field service telling people (mostly Christians) about the Paradise Earth. That was the reason we were at their door. However, all the Christians that I now know already believe in a future Paradise earth. They just call it the Millennium Reign."

* sigh *

Dude, it's "Millennial Reign".

And JWs have called it that, too.

Weren't you paying attention when you were still in?

• Village Idiot
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Dude, it's "Millennial Reign".

Weren't you paying attention when you were still in?

Perry is still in, just wearing a different jersey.

• Perry
    Perry
    All my born again friends tell me their are leaving Earth in the rapture so I don't know what you're talking about.

Thessalonians 4:17 “Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

No doubt that this is the focal point of Christians' hope since the time of the apostles:

Titus 2:13 “waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.”

But - those same Christians ALSO believe in a paradise earth they call the "millennium reign".... JUST AS JW'S DO!

It is fascinating to me how people can argue and talk for decades about something they are already in agreement on.

JW's simply believe that they are living AFTER the coming of Christ. That's where the real difference lies. BOTH bible-believing Christians and Jehovahs' Witnesses believe that YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER ON A PARADISE EARTH, after Jesus returns.

The footnote is that Jesus actually returns twice, once "in the air" to officially end the church age and take all saints to heaven; and again all the way to Jerusalem seven years later to defeat the Anti-Christ and save the remnant of Jews and Gentile believers who had not been killed by all the various wars raging during the seven-year Great Tribulation (Daniels' 70th Week).

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Perry, many on this board as former witnesses feel our God and " church"abandoned us.

I am glad in spite of everything God and your " new" church live on inside your human heart.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Robot chicken was a great show and that episode was then funniest ever
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

With the greatest of respect to Perry and everyone else, this illustrates to me that there are many religions.....many factions of christianity that hold different beliefs on the same things.

If god really was talking to us, whether it's through an old book or TV...he would simply say what he meant.

that it's all confused and different just shows me that either god doesn't exist or he is an imbecile when it comes to communication. Of course, each religionist you speak to, just so happens to have the correct interpretation. what a coincidence, ay?!

when Dawkins was asked 'what if you're wrong?' he replied in his high voice, 'Well, I mean, what if you're wrong?'

I'm sure we're all wrong.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

When Dawkins was asked " what if you are wrong? " he replied in his high voice " Well, I mean what if you're wrong?"

My point is what is so special about anyone of our opinions? we can all be wrong? why should we conclude how the many billion of Christians are wrong?

As you say we may all be wrong.

Truth is an asset we all want to process, it is also a question that has no answer.

The Rebel.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Religion is not evolving, it merely exists in different variations of which none have supplied any evidence of anything, science on the other hand evolves daily and offers new evidence constantly. Theoretical science may not get some things completely right from time to time, but even those theories encourage further investigation and better theories are born out of them and great theories become the foundation from which more discoveries are made. Religion has NEVER discovered or contributed anythimg real for the benefit of this planet. And to suggest that science contributed to global plroblems is shifting the blame from human incompetence where it truly belongs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit