Hitler & Rutherford in 1933

by fjtoth 9 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
  • blondie
    blondie

I was wondering where you were Frank.

Da Judge probably thought that Hitler would win and wanted to make sure he had friends in all the right places.

Blondie

• jackal
    jackal

Where did this cartoon come from? Just curious.

• larc
    larc

Blondie, in one of Rutherford's books, he predicted that Hitler would win. I think it was written in 1938, but I am not sure on the date. I may go look it up later.

• blondie
    blondie

That would be nice, larc. I think I remember reading that which is why I surmised what I did

Blondie

• larc
    larc

Blondie, I found the quote. It is in the Enemies book, 1937, p. 291.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Larc,

Can you scan the pages and post? Please

I am writing a brochure and this would really help.

Thank-you,

U_R

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, larc. I have that book at home. Unfortunately no scanner, UR. I'm not surprised it is in that particular volume. I think the Nazi government was considered the King of the North which would prevail over the King of the South, the US.

Blondie

This is interesting too

Joseph Rutherford: Judge Rutherford Uncovers Fifth Column, July 1940 page 15: "At a public address in London, which was transmitted throughout the British Empire, and was delivered in 1938, I stated that the Nazis and Fascists were bent upon destroying the British Empire, and that that would be accomplished.".

The Watchtower, December 15, 1941, p. 372

"Nowhere in the prophecy does it appear that 'the king of the north', that is, the 'Axis powers', shall be victorious in the present war between the two 'kings', nor does the prophecy indicate that 'the king of the south' will suffer defeat in battle at the hands of 'the king of the north'...All nations forming 'the king of the south' become arbitrary and totalitarian; and the facts show that that is now practically accomplished. All these nations becoming totalitarian, the liberties of the people completely disappear, and the people are regimented and controlled in all matters. The nations composing 'the king of the south' manifestly have reasoned that they must adopt the totalitarian system in order to successfully fight against the 'Axis powers'. All admit that regardless of the result of the present war the nations will never return to the former method of rule... Will the present world conflict between the 'Axis powers' and the so-called 'democracies', the opposers, end in a decisive victory for either side?

The prophecy indicates the contrary result...the prophecy of God...All the prophecies and the present-day facts indicate that the contending nations will before long enter into some sort of peace treaty."

Edited by - Blondie on 24 January 2003 14:8:36

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Jackal,

The cartoon is based on a cartoon in one of today's Arizona newspapers. But the original is on a different topic.

fjtoth

• larc
    larc

Utopian, I can't scan it in, but I can type out the quote. "The question is, will Great Britian and America become Fascist under the dominating control of the Roman Catholic Heirarchy? The scriptures and the facts appear to fully support that conclusion." On page 293, he writes, "Also the Fascists and Nazis are rapidly increasing in the United States. The Roman Catholic Hierarchy is confident of putting to silence through its instruements everything and every activity that exposes the crookedness of the Heirarchy and makes known Jehovah God's purpose."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit