The elderly sisters are at it again.

by John Aquila 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I heard someone point out that GB member Jackson didn't even have to flip through the documents on his own during the RC. He had his little servants do it for him. They also filled his water glass for him. These are Jehovahs little rock stars! The CO's are no different.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    John, thanks for this. One of my main questions the last few years has been about what some of the old-timers are thinking. Even though this is anecdotal, it helps. The more anecdotes I hear, the more I can generalize and get a grip on the bigger picture.
  • clarity
    clarity

John ....

"He made me cancel them all and we went to a pastry shop. Then he asked me to tell him of all the YOUNG SINGLE SISTERS that had committed fornication. He wanted details of the act. Which I did not have. He wanted to know if I had pictures of them. He wanted me to point them out in the Kingdom Hall."

This is not to say I had been immoral ...only that I was young & divorced. I always wondered about this kind of stuff.....when I was much younger & good looking the circuit servant (co) was at our hall, sitting with an (head honcho) elder. I was sitting to the side of them & up a row. Every time I looked in that direction, they were staring at me.....kinda pointing. Wow did I feel uncomfortable. So reading these words rang a bell....ding ding ding. A woman knows when she is getting the once over. Now I know they really were! Thanks!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    clarity
    when I was much younger & good looking the circuit servant (co) was at our hall, sitting with an (head honcho) elder. I was sitting to the side of them & up a row. Every time I looked in that direction, they were staring at me.

Sorry you had to go through that. Did you ever see the movie "Me Myself and Irene" I think that's what that CO did with pictures of young sisters that committed fornication.

Image result for me myself and irene pic of lotion

• Listener
    Listener
    The sisters are able to contribute money and time in FS but there is little else for them to be involved in, certainly no congregational matters. The best they can hope for is to provide flowers or the finery at memorials. It's no wonder that this lack of participation in the congregation 'family' has to have its drawbacks as these sisters become older. Surely many become disengaged and disinterested and at a time when they have much that they can share after so many years of service.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Magnum
    Even though this is anecdotal, it helps. The more anecdotes I hear, the more I can generalize and get a grip on the bigger picture.

The things that are happening in the org. today I would never have imagine happening just 3 years ago. Loyalty to the Org. is disappearing right before our eyes. Sometimes its hard to believe but it's happening.

• freddo
    freddo
    These letters to elders chasing up reports and money sound like a group of men panicking about a huge run on their slaves and money from child abuse lawsuits. I mean faithful and wise servants ensuring the flock remain active and thus answering Satan's taunts and making best use of the master's resources.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

In Jesus' day, the Great Teacher & Shepherd provided food for the masses.

In WT Org's day, the masses provide food for the Shepherd.

What is wrong with this picture???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

John Aquila - "...he asked me to tell him of all the YOUNG SINGLE SISTERS that had committed fornication. He wanted details of the act. Which I did not have. He wanted to know if I had pictures of them. He wanted me to point them out..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit