SheilaM

Makayla

I dreamed of you soon after your conception,

You were two with ebony curls and a glowing smile

Now I see the fruition of my dream

A negative of your Mother,

dark where she is light

Genetics

Carbon of me your Nanna,except the latte colored skin.

I am lost in eyes as dark as night ,

the cupid bow smile is angelic with a touch of imp.

Coal black silk with a hint of auburn adorns your head.

Chubby cheeks, Chubby arms

Chubby legs, Chubby tummy

Bundle of pure love

Laugh like a rat tat tat muffled while the whole body wriggles.

You are perfection

Edited by - SheilaM on 23 January 2003 21:27:10

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

How very beautiful! She will enjoy reading this herself when she is older and be able to look back and know she was very much loved. You have a lovely way with words.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thank you very much

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Oh Sheila that was so pretty. My daughter and I both have curly hair, when I was a baby I had ringlets, but they lossened up, but my Kelly has the most beautiful curly perfect ringlets and she is 9, so I think they are staying .
    That poem reminded me of her when she was a baby, chubby checks and chubby baby knees. I remember her dad and I got sad when she outgrew those baby knees.

This morning while it was still dark she got in my bed and we snuggled and it was so fullfilling to still be able to hold my baby girl. Here lately she has been so moody and seems to just hate me at times, I guess it is the age, and hormones changing. It seems girls now a days mature faster than we did in my day. She is almost as tall as I , and her feet are as big as mine, we are sharing clothes already. I am not tall 5'2, but I think she will be alot taller, I hope so anyway.

Thanks for that poem,,,,,,,,, I look forward to spoiling my grandchildren like no one ever has, I will probably go over board and have to be told to get our their business.......lol. No, really I have seen both sides of that ,,,,,,,,, from some grandparents doing too much, and some nothing at all, so I want to be a good grannie, much like mine was.

Makayla is a beautiful name,,,,,, my nephews girlfriends has a cousin by that name, they call her KK sometimes. She has Blonde gorgeous ringlets and is a chubby tubby too.

I will try to post a pic of my kelly...........Sorry for rambling, but feeling so motherly today.

Edited by - LyinEyes on 24 January 2003 14:31:31

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Lyin Eyes;

Thanks for sharing I am just now "coming out of the closet" with my writing, so having it bring to mind your daughters baby days really for me is the ultimate. That is what I like to do make people happy.

Your daughter is gorgeous I love her hair mine would have stayed curly if my Mom wasn't a hack queen LOL I still get trendils when i have a pony tail etc. My Melanie had a long blonde huge ringlet when her hair was in a pony tail!!! I love that picture it is so special treasure it always.

Yes, I love her name it fits her to a tee I call her Mak or or MJ LOL

Thanks again for your time

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bravo, Sheila. What a beautiful poem. Thanks for posting.

Love ya,

Robyn

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thanks Robyn:

That means a lot to me

• wednesday
    wednesday

I am hopelessly in love with my 2 grandbabies. To me they are the brightest , most beautiful children alive. I'm sure your grandbaby is toothis grandparent gig is a good one.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Wednesday:

Yes I love my Grandbaby so much, it makes me wonder so much how others could not love theirs for example my in-laws. She is just a little peace of heaven. I think this is one of the best gigs of my life

• SheilaM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit