KM - "What to Say About the Magazines"

by starfish422 9 Replies latest jw friends

• starfish422
    starfish422

I was just looking over some of the scans of the KM; now, I haven't seen a KM for almost ten years, so maybe this isn't that new: but when did they start providing publishers with a presentation for the WT and Awake magazines?

I remember sweating over my presentation every time new mags were featured. When did this start?

Are the Dubs now sooooooo weak-minded that they can't even come up with their own bloody presentation for FS?

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

when did they start providing publishers with a presentation for the WT and Awake magazines?

When they came to the realization that the publishers where not reading the magazines or not getting out in service because they didn't have time to think up a presentation.

When they came to the realization that they have lost the best and brightest publishers and they needed to dumb things down to motivate publishers to get out.

To keep the publishers from having to think for themselves on how to give a presentation, then they can count on the publishers not thinking for themselves on everything else.

Just a few possibilites.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

it's not a presentation, it's a SALES PITCH.....and like any another shotty product it can be sold in the main stream... so the wt uses HIGH PRESURE TACTICS to sell their JUNK....

Edited by - johnny cip on 23 January 2003 18:46:49

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

to answer your question without the smart aleck remarks, I think this started sometime around mid or early 2001. It is a fairly recent feature of the KM.

Eduardo

• stichione
    stichione

Thats because the IQ of the Dubs has been slowly dropping over the years, so the words are literally being put into the mouthes of the publishers.

This also proves that the Dubs don't preach the "good news" from their heart and that their faith is not based on the good news about the Christ, but instead have a spirituality that is spoon fed from the FDS and everything they do is based on faith on the FDS.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

oboborus 21; why don't you get on your knees and compass. and point to brooklyn and say some praysto your god......john

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I noticed this a while back and it took me by surprise at first too. But it falls into place with all the other 'dumbing' down taking place. To be a JW you truely do not have to make any effort to think anymore - just regurgitate a canned sales pitch at the one door a month that actually opens to your weak knock (the rest are not at homes). Or you can sit at a table and pass mags/tracts to passerbys with no more than a "Here - would you like a tract?".

Talks? No problem. Even the 'bible reading' (which is now also a WT reading some weeks!!!!!!!) takes NO preperation anymore. Just read the assigned verse/paragraphs. I guess the sisters aren't off the hook yet - they still have to think up a 'setting' and hand preparee the talks, but really, any inventivness in those #3/4 talks went away years ago. They're all the same now.

Answering at meetings? No problem. With questions like "What is Jehovah's name?" even the brightest JW can get it 'right'.

• metatron
    metatron

It's simple!

dumbing down
    dumbing down
    dumbing down
    dumbing down
    dumbing down

metatron

• starfish422
    starfish422

GASP The Bible reading is now a WT reading sometimes??????

I am *truly* speechless. The GB becomes more arrogant with each passing year. And, sadly, the weak-minded Dubs are, as stichione said, spoon-fed as babies are.

What happened to 1 Corinthians 13:11: "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things." ???

• AlanF
    AlanF

Prepared sermons in KMs are nothing new. As far back as I can remember, to the late 1950s, there were suggested sermons for "placing" books and magazines there. I had to learn them when I was a kid.

Maybe they dropped them for awhile and have lately put them back in.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit