Stop Credit Card junk mail

by BadJerry 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Tired of all the credit card apps you have to deal with. I know I am and now someone has come up with a great idea to let them know it: http://maddox.xmission.com/junk_the_junk.html

I'm looking forward to receiving the magazine offers I'm going to forward to Bank of America and CITI!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Cute, Bad Jerry.

But if I send coupons to the credit card companies, I will only be pissing off the people that work in the mail room. And if I do not include my return address on aforementioned coupons, the companies wont know who to stop sending the offers to.

But the idea is cute. Shouldn't this be posted in the jokes and humor category? Thanks for sharing.

Robyn

• Francois
    Francois

I prefer wrapping a brick in plain brown paper and attaching the return envelope to it. Do you have any idea how much it costs to mail a brick first class? If we all did it one time at the same time, it would break most companies. Think about it.

francois

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Great idea. I think I will just send blank envelopes though. Heh, heh.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I've been saying that for years! Well not quite what this guy said, but close. And by the way I read the rest of his site, way funny!

Actually, it's a good idea. Simply throwing the pre-approved credit card offers into the trash unopened does present a risk of identity theft. Yes there are hoodlums out there who will take these things out of dumpsters and get credit cards in other peoples' names. So before you throw them away you absolutely should tear them up first. Better yet, take the time to open the envelope up, tear the application into little shreds, stuff the confetti into the return envelope, and drop it in the mail. The credit card company has to pay the postage to find out what you think of their offer.

Mike.

• mustang
    mustang

PAPER Shredders are as cheap as 25$. You can even buy a CD shredder for ~75$.

Mustang

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I love it!

Between my husband and I, we get 3-5 offers each, a day. I am going to start that.

I shred now and the time it takes to open those stupid envelopes, pull out the stuff with "You are Pre-Approved" on it is crazy. I shredded for 45 minutes on Monday, getting rid of one weeks worth of junk.

I am going to start mailing and shredding!!

• qwerty
    qwerty

Thanks for the tip Badj.

qwerty

• mustang
    mustang

NO.... that's too evil. But, since Francois started it...

I mentioned this to somebody; they have been doing the envelope stuffing thing for years. They have graduated from paper to METAL FOIL. It goes over the weight per postage. The junk-mailer is stuck with any charges. Could be this will change the way they do business???

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit