Care Bears show evil spirit leaving childs body??

by wednesday 8 Replies latest social family

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have very small grnadchildren. They love the Care Bears. So, we are watching Care Bears , the first movie, and i am totally in shock that the carebears are a version of God and angels living in heaven( live in Care a lot) and they rescue people from wicked spirit forces. These forces are sometimes shown as a dark cloud over kids heads, and the car bears point their hearts and rays of "care" to drive these wicked forces away.. In Care Bears 2 , they show the "evil" leaving a boy, and a little girl saying something like ' yes i know it is gone, i can see by your eyes'.

I was appaled and honestly a little unerved when i saw the first movie. I can't believe no one has noticed it.(maybe someone has, since i am grandma-i don't get into all the kids talk) The children's mom comes from an nonreligious background, and can't see . My son, saw it right away. And people made a fuss about Barney and the telebubbies!!! I like the stories, it is good vs evil , with good winning. But it scares me that they actully show "evil" in the form of something that posesses someone and can be driven out by "love"..

anyone else notice this?

Edited by - wednesday on 23 January 2003 19:7:48

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Wednesday isn't evil something that possesses someone and is driven out by love???? I think the Care Bears have the thought down great. So YEA Care Bears

• auntiem
    auntiem

For more fun you can look up all the magical names in the Harry Potter series, or, even from the Never Ending Story I & II, I bet there are a whole host of things out there that is seldom looked into by everyday people. Want something a little more meaty...here is an interesting site to read. http://www.theology.edu/ugarbib.htm This has to do with the Ugarit's and their ancient text that was found, and how it relates to the bible.

Hugs!

aUnTiE M

• wednesday
    wednesday

shelia,

yes i suppose it is. I too like the CB, but was somewhat unnerved when i saw the 2 videos. Must be the jw background. My son said that they had problems with Barney.And i do remember reading something about that.What the prob with barney was , not sure. My babies love the CB and i guess if it doesn't frighten them-fine. Also, i remember reading how a minister thought the telletubbies were gay, or one of them was gay.

Mostly the kids are into "barbie ' now, we now owing every thing "barbie' makes.I am not sure who is having more fun, me or the kids.

this grandparent gig is good.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Auntiem,

That was a very interesting link. Thank you for posting it.

Robyn

• wednesday
    wednesday

auntiem,

i followed that link and read it. wow, if i read it right, they are saying the hebrew scriptures are just borrowed cannite stories. thanks, weds

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I love Harry Potter etc. everything has to have an origin it is what you make it after that

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Actually.. nursery rhymes are pretty violent when you think about em...

"... and down will come baby cradle and all."

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall..."

"Jack fell down and broke his crown.. and Jill came tumbling after."

"Fatty and Skinny went to bed, Fatty rolled over and Skinny was dead.." wait... that's not a nursery rhyme is it? hehehhe

CG

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Perfect Love throws fear outside!!!!!!

There is nothing to fear . . . where there is love. . .

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit