Bamas Obituary

by WildHorses 5 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Just thought since I posted about her passing, that I would post her obituary also. She was the daughter of Mae Lackie, who's picture I posted a while back.

LaMae Pieske rites Thursday at Faith Lutheran.
    LaMae Pieske, age 86, of Hancock, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 19, at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
    Funeral services for LaMae Pieske will be held at 11 a.m. today (Thursday) at Faith Lutheran Church.

LaMae Lackie was born on June 9, 1916, at Wanda, MN, to James and Mae (Straw) Lackie. LaMae grew up and received her schooling at Wanda.

LaMae was married to Leonard J. Pieske on December 27, 1934, at Lamberton. The couple farmed at Sanborn until 1937, when they moved to Horton Township, where they continued to farm.

LaMae also worked at the Del Monico Restaurant in Morris for several years, and in the cafeteria at Morris Area High School.

After retiring from farming in 1974, they moved into Hancock, where LaMae worked for a couple of years in the cafeteria at the Hancock school.

Leonard passed away on August 10, 1979. LaMae most recently worked at By Lo in Hancock from 1984 until the time of her death.

LaMae was a long-time member of Faith Lutheran Church, where she was active in the women's circles. Her favorite hobbies included baking, driving around with her daughter, and working at By-Lo.

LaMae is survived by two sons, Arlan (Glennice) Pieske of Hancock, and Darrel (Peggy) Pieske of Cyrus; one daughter, LeAnn (Dennis) Bye of Hancock; ten grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and one sister, Arlene (Emil) Greiner of Hancock.

She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, James and Dean; her parents; and one niece, Lynette Eystad.

The Reverend Cheryl Matthews and Bev McNeill will officiate at the services. Pallbearers are Jay Pieske, Tim Firstbrook, Mike Pieske, Randy Pieske, Gaylan Greiner and Darren Jacobson. Honorary pallbearers are all who called her friend.

Rita Lambert will be the organist and Sheryle Dahl the soloist.

Visitation continues for one hour prior to services at the church today (Thursday).

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my spiritual grandmother recently and my real grandmother is fading fast, so I know what you are going through. My love and condolences to you and your family. Thank you for sharing her with us here on the board. Email me if you would like to chat hon.

(((((((((((((((((((Lilacs))))))))))))))))))))

Agape, Laura

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What a beautiful lady she was! You can tell by her photo that she made the most of every minute of her life.

Love and hugs,

Nina

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Just thought I would place the link. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=6782630&BRD=2173&PAG=461&dept_id=466853&rfi=6

Laura, seems there has been so much death these past few days. I'm sorry for your loss also, and home your real grandmother gets well. I hate when loved ones die. Sometimes I wish I would go first so as not to feel all the pain associated with death.

Even as a JW, with the thought of seeing them again in the "new system". I still felt overwhelmed with grief when someone I loved passed on. Even more so, because I would agonize over whether or not God would forgive them and allow them to come back in the resurrection.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Laura))))))))))))))))))))))) Back at ya sweetie.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

cruzan,

She did. She could not keep still for a moment. From 1984 until right before she went into the hospital, she worked at the By-lo (my aunt Leann and uncle Dennys store). She was the best cook too. I loved her apple crisps.

Edited by - Lilacs on 23 January 2003 10:15:0

• Xandria
    Xandria

Lilacs,

She looks like she was a WONDERFUL Grandma to have. You were blessed to have her in your life. An I think you have a bit of her in you.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit