The Paranormal

by Peony 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

Peony, just a thought; you probably have had enough of paranormal beliefs as a JW---why not try NORMAL for a change?---it can be very refreshing!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why anybody would want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire gets me .

smiddy

• Peony
    Peony
    Love all the comments thanks, think I'm going to concentrate on the here and now and have fun xxx
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I went to a Spiritualist church when they had 2 blokes doing cold readings. It was obviously all a scam. One of the blokes said that a spirit told him that some old biddy had a 'leg problem'. No sheisse sherlock...she had crutches under her chair. The other bloke thought the woman sitting next to me was my partner and said we'd had a DIY disaster. I said 'no'. then he said that it was a fridge. No. A kettle. No. A cupboard. It was a complete con of the most ridiculous order.

I don't believe in god, jesus, spirits, demons, aliens or the illuminati.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Superstition is a product of ignorance. You would merely be replacing one fallacy with another.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

anyone can believe anything they want.

god, devil, angels, demons, spirits, elves, fairies, the loch ness monster, bigfoot.

all those are total crap--of course.

i believe in thomas the tank engine--and father christmas. ive seen them. they are real.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Illuminated - "I have a friend in his 40's who has seen spirits since he was a child up until now. It's not something he's asked for, it's just been the norm to him."

You are aware of the possibility of schizophrenia, yes?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Peony,

I haven't had any experience with mediums or fortune tellers, I asked the same question once on this site to see what evidence there was out there for the spirit world.

I found insufficient evidence. My niece goes to a fortune teller and I asked her if she was told her destiny was something negative would she try and pursue a different course to ensure a positive outcome. Her answer was she always had positive readings so there was no need to consider that question.

I thought this was very shortsighted of her. I can't quite see the purpose of trying to find out what the future holds, I believe through hard work and determination we make our own future, and some of it is out of our control which we just have to deal with and accept.

Kate xx

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    They told me they couldn't speak to me because I was now "walking with God". This convinced me I was doing the right thing.

Craziest thing I've heard besides them being demon possessed lol. It's the furthest from the truth and not what most readers/mediums would say. They're normal people, average Joes, and like every other situation, you'll find the "normal ones" or the eccentric ones. You'll find legit ones, and con artists. A legit one will inform you they're not an all knowing Godly force, that they read your energy based on that moment in time, however there are many possibilities and nothing is set in stone. As for mediums/seeing/talking to spirits, this does occur. Another example, I use to live in a place that inhibited spirits. Everyone who lived there experienced it to one degree or another.

We all have intuitive abilities whether it's Clairvoyance/Clairsentience/Clairaudience, etc, etc. It's just a matter of what capacity are we tuned into it, and it can be developed overtime.

Humans only use a certain percentage of their mind and senses, and when we see someone a bit more tuned in, we automatically tie it in with fear as we don't understand it. Imagine what a group of people would think if you appeared out of the dark with a lamp turning it on and off centuries ago lol.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

Vidot, actually he's been used in investigations before and I can assure you he's not schizophrenic haha.

As mentioned most humans only use a certain extent of our minds/senses. Imagine what people would think if you busted out of the trees with a lamp switching it on and off centuries ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit