Paranoia Reigns

by Blueblades 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

"If some tinge of doubt about Jehovah, his word, or his organization has begun to linger in your heart,take quick steps to eliminate it before it festers into something that could destroy your faith...do not hesitate to ask for help from loving overseers in the congregation.They will help you trace the source of your doubts,which may be due to pride or some wrong thinking.

...act quickly to route out of the mind any tendency to complain,to be dissatisfied with the way things are done in the congregation.Cut off anything that feeds such doubts.

From the Watchtower,2/1/96,p.23-24. From the 2002 supplement to the 1996 version of Thus Saith the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, by Randall Watters.

Feel free to comment on the above paragraphs.What is actually being said here? Blueblades

• jgnat
    jgnat

They will help you trace the source of your doubts,which may be due to pride or some wrong thinking.

Message: You cannot trust yourself to trace the source of your doubts. If I see a sign that says "bridge out", but my loving elder sitting in the passenger seat says, "Do not worry. I witnessed the bridge being fixed this morning. It is OK to cross now". And I chose to doubt the elder, stop the car, and check out the bridge myself, am I a victim of pride or wrong thinking?

I have a question for the elders: Is there such a thing as reasonable doubt?

...act quickly to root out of the mind any tendency to complain,to be dissatisfied with the way things are done in the congregation.

Message: Act quickly so that you are under the influence of adrenaline, which drains your brain of blood and therefore prevents you from thinking clearly.

Question for the elders: Even the way things are done in the congregation, such as chair placement or who changes the lightbulbs, are not open for criticism?

Cut off anything that feeds such doubts.

Message: Cut off anybody that feeds such doubts; even your own child.

Question for the elders: The inconsistencies in the WT articles themselves are feeding such doubts. Should I cut them off? Is that why older versions of the WT are not available on CD for easy cross referencing and searching?

• xray
    xray

Hi Blueblades

This is one of the techniques that make the JW's so successful. Down through history it has been used by many proponents of mind control for political or religious reasons but the JW's have got it tuned to a fine art.

You could liken it to martial arts when they use the attackers intertia against them by reflecting the force back at them, or when you tie the type of knot that gets stronger the more force you apply to it.

This is why one should be very careful when trying to break someone free of the JW's. Trying to break them free forcfully can end up with the JW control increasing over them. You have to go gently and use all sorts of psychology to lead them along the path. The internet and this forum are a wonderful tools to help with this process.

My Dad tried to break me free when I was a teenager. It ended up with the JW's convincing me he was under the control of Satan and ruined my relationship with him for many years. That was a long time ago and we're good buddies now, I'm but you can imagine his sadness at the time.

Xray

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit