Newspaper Write-up about us!!!!!

by moana 8 Replies latest jw friends

• moana
    moana

Hey Boys & Girls!

I just had an interview with a reporter that wants to do an article in the Houston Chronicle on our Ex-JW meet up group www.exjw.meetup.com ==== She asked me some questions about my experience & the group & said she wants to do an article about us and take some photos at our next meet - up. I sure hope we have a good turn out HEY HOUSTON - I MEAN U!!!!!!

It helps me feel better talking with other ex-jw's and making new friends. I would love to see our numbers increase and the jw's decrease. I hate to see that huge assembly hall. Makes me want to vomit.

Peace baby

• Valis
    Valis

Hey moana...you wanna go on the map? See the Texas Apostate Map here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43122&site=3

BTW...good job! We need more Texans speaking up whenever possible. Maybe it will help more XJWs come out and talk to us. I often wonder just how many XJWs there are in Texas...there's a really good Apostate song in there somewhere...*sings.."All my XJWs Live In Texas.."...*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 22 January 2003 15:42:3

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate

You can count on me going to the next one then. Got to represent the Texas Apostasy Commitee.

TA

• Valis
    Valis

Both of you should come up and party with us the weekend of March 1st and 2nd. It would be our pleasure to meet you.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44029&site=3

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's pretty cool!

Been having problems with my city's meetup. There's usually not enough people signing up for it, however this month may be different. I'll have to check my email when I get home.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

OMG...I just had this image of the XJW's starting to have their "Get togethers in a Vacant Kingdom hall ..every Tuesday..Thursday and Sunday!!!

Tell me it isn't so......

Snoozy.....

• moana
    moana

Golden:

It is a very casual meeting. Usually different locations we vote for. We have been away different amounts of time & it's kinda interesting comparing notes on all the changes we've seen over the years. The group I have been going to only has a few regulars. But I really am hoping that more come. What struck me as the most interesting this is that almost everyone is a christian. I always look forward to it.

Peace baby

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi moana:

My brother lives in Baytown, Texas which is in the suburbs outside of Houston. Let us know here when it is going to be in the newpaper there, so that I can tell him to get a copy and send it to me in NJ. Thanks.

Mrs. Shakita

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Count me in for this!!!

Fire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit