Postcard to My Kids

by ESTEE 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I earlier read a post of a letter by Bill Bowen.

What do you think? Do my kids need to know this???

It angered me, and I thought I want my kids to see the JWs in a new light. I thought it was time to send them a postcard. So here is what I've written:

Dearest Shawn & Mandy, (also sent separately to Dearest Heather,)

I forgive you for shunning me due to your JW beliefs.

Do you realize that the $ you send for the "Worldwide Preaching Work" pays to defend the child molesters among their ranks?

You may want to see "The Fifth Estate" Jan 29.

Food for Thought.

Love,

Mom

I have tears in my eyes and a heaviness of heart, to think of the abuse that the Silent Lambs have endured, and the further victimization brought to them by the organization that covered it up.

Love,

Esther

Edited by - ESTEE on 22 January 2003 19:47:44

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Oh, oh!!!!!................the worst has happened!.............I'm a notorious THREAD KILLER!!!

I might even kill the forum, if I'm not careful!!!!!...SIMON!!!!!. . . . HAAAALP!!!!!

ESTEE

• Scully
    Scully

I think it's a nice idea to write to your kids, Estee.... however, I hope you don't get your hopes up, and recognize they most likely will take the WTS's side on the issue. If the show opens their eyes and gets them to begin thinking for themselves, great.... if not, you will have the clarity of conscience from knowing that you've tried.

PS: I've sent you an e-mail. It's important.

Love, Scully

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Even if they don't read it I think it helped you to write to them. IMHO

Goshawk

Ok now let a real thread killer take over.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Estee,

You have a KIND HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have talked to you on many nights in chat.

I don't know what it is like to have kids in the JW's, but I DO know what it is like to have a "father" in the JW's.

I honestly think/know that they have NO IDEA. They teach of wolves in sheeps clothing, but don't realize they have the WOOL PULLED OVER THEIR EYES!!!

My father knew about my uncle (my abuser) moving back to TX. I wasn't told!! I thought he was in Indiana and was worried that my vacation to Indiana would make me run into him. Well, little did I know, he was in my OWN metroplex.

If I would have run into him at a store, or anywhere else, I don't know what would have happend. I would have lost my mind!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't given the chance to have notice of his whereabouts in my own city.

I called my father and DEMANDED a "meeting" with him. I called him out on the info I was given that his BROTHER was IN TOWN!!!! I asked him why was I THE LAST PERSON TO KNOW IN THE YEAR HE HAS BEEN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was I mad?????????? YES DID I SEEK UNDERSTANDING??? YES.......

I made my father CRY LIKE A BABY???????? DID IT HELP???????? NOOOOOO!!!!!

My father looked me in THE EYE and BEGGED ME to have a relationship with him, I brought up me being DF'D. DID IT MATTER TO HIM AT THIS TIME???? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DID HE STICK TO IT?????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hon,

My point is, no matter how much they want or wish to see the reality of what is going on, or if it is wrong or right, they will do as they are told.

I have to live with my son asking where my father is in his life, and the only thing I can say,,,,,,,,,,,Is, he has problems.

I know this is no comfort, but it is reality, and I hate it as much as you do.

Sincerely,
    Jesika

edited to add,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes he shuns me to THIS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I try to change his mind???? NO, why, cause I wouldn't have when I was a JW, and untill you get to the point of ?'ing or hurting, it won't change the way they think. Sad,but true.

Edited by - jesika on 23 January 2003 2:51:40

• Brummie
    Brummie

ESTEE you do what feels right for you, perhaps you could just add a little "I MISS YOU" at the end of your letter to let them feel a little twinge of guilt for shunning such a caring mother.

Brummie

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I can say that your kids don't realise how much they really need you. Shunning you is keeping you at arms length emotionally for right now, but it will come back to bite them in the ass later.

I know you don't want to see them hurt, but one day they will feel sorrow for the way they have treated you. But by your kind words to them, your expressions of love to them no matter how bad they treat you , has got to hit their heart.

Maybe in time they will come around. If my Dad, who is a JW , just sent me a note saying he felt he had to shun me because of his faithfulness to what he believes to be true, but simply , said, "I miss you....... and I will always love you to my dying day,,,, even if we never see each other alive again". I would have peace. I have thought about sending him a card , just to tell him that , but reverse it from the one being shunned. But me and Dad have more issues that just JW shunning. So I am not sure I want to open a can of worms, because emotionally it might be too much. THis last year I have healed so much and moved on quiet well , despite circumstances and I guess I am not ready for a major fight and hurtful words that can never be taken back.

Everyones case is different. But if I knew my parent would read my letter I might write one.

My Dad's wife( no she is not my stepmother, LOL)....... used to tear up my sister's letters because she hated my sister so much and my dad never got them. She told me this herself and that if she sent anymore they would be in the trash. I wanted to knock her out. The JW's are so damn cold hearted, what if my sister wrote in that later she only had months to live and wanted to talk with her dad??My dad would never have known. And it was his choice too,,,,,,,,,, even thou it looked like the wife''s doings,.,,,he could have stopped her if he wanted too.

Let us know what your kids response is ok.

Hugsssssssssss Estee

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Wow! . . .I haven't checked this thread for a few days . . .and here are all these wonderful responses from all these lovely people! . . . from my NEW family!!!

Awwwwww . . . an' I can't see the page . . . <crying now>

(((((Scully))))): Thanks for the email . . . Also thanks for the advice about having expectations of my kids. I realize they may not even read the card. As soon as they figure it is from me, they may garbage it. However, they will think about me, and know I am thinking of them. Maybe that is enough for now . . . for them. Maybe it is all they would handle, for now. . .

(((((Goshawk))))): Thanks for your comforting words. It did feel okay to write those cards.

(((((Jesika))))): I'm really sorry to hear about the abusive uncle (your dad's brother?) GAWD!!! How awful that he would choose loyalty to his brother over you, his precious daughter!! That sickens me!!! There is just no explaining some mentalities! I am glad that you are a survivor of it all! Also, I'm glad to be getting to know you, Jes. . .I think you are a beautiful person . . .inside and out!

(((((Brummie))))): I realize that my kids have issues. I think it is healthy for them to face them once in awhile. In my humble opinion, I think the jws encourage dysfunction. They are encouraged not to deal with their issues, as in "Leave it to Jehovah. . ." <gag>

(((((LyinEyes)))): Thanks for the suggestion of the "I miss you" part in the card . . . next time . . .

It feels so nice to be supported like this. I need youz in my life! You are my family . . .

Love ya!

Esther

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Estee, you are indeed, a loving and caring Mom.

You'd be surprised how few words can indeed, speak volumes.

Good for you! that was indeed incredibly loving and caring. The pain you must endure as a shunned mother, must be unbelievable. If you were my Mom, I'd hug you to bits.

Caring enough to expose the WTBTS for what it is, and that your concern for their general welfare takes precedence over your own.

ESTEE: you can be my on-line Mom (or big sister, come to think of my age) anytime!

I commend you for writing that postcard.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((RAYZORBLADE)))))

Awwwwww. . .geez. . .thanks, Ray. . .all hugs graciously accepted!!!!

The pain you must endure as a shunned mother, must be unbelievable. If you were my Mom, I'd hug you to bits.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit