Hope this comic hasn't been shared already...

by truthseekers2 4 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Hubby and I are going through a very stressful time right now. The cards are falling all around us and we are now receiving word from family and "friends" that we are no longer welcome in their lives even though we have not shared any views with anyone but our parents, nor have we formally disassociated ourselves. Hubby found Sunday's "Non Sequitur" comic very ironic and I thought you all may enjoy it. We haven't been able to lurk or post, but you are in our thoughts daily. Sorry if this has already been shared! Enjoy...

• Xander
    Xander

LOL - yes, that was in our Sunday paper. I LOVE it, was going to clip it...

Cool finding it online.

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

Im so sorry about your situation. I loved the comic. Thank you for sharing!

Edited by - Dolphin57 on 22 January 2003 13:24:44

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

truthseekers2, I am sorry to hear of your plight. That probably hurts more than official shunning! I think unofficial shunning will be the control mechanism of the future. It saves the WTBS from legal and "moral" issues, and keeps their public image good.

That comic is so appropriate for those of us who were Dubs. So funny! Thanks for sharing it!

If the bishop says it is so, then it is so. People will gather together en masse to burn any who questions the bishop and burn them at the stake. The truth of what is being said does not matter. All that matters is who is being questioned.

We are all so very human, eh?

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 22 January 2003 13:24:27

Edited by - Skeptic on 22 January 2003 13:27:51

• Shakita
    Shakita

Thanks for the laugh

Since you guys aren't officially judged, you are being unofficially judged! This same thing happened to my husband and I. Once the rumor mill gets going, the gossip flies like the wind! Sorry that you are having trouble with family members....shunning sucks, huh?!.......and it sucks even more when it comes from your own family! At least you have each other to lean on. Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit