Feb 8th Awake - cover picture

by BluesBrother 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This issue has already furnished a couple of threads, but the cover picture really has haunted my mind since I saw it .

A vivid red border bears the big title "Child prostitution A Tragic Reality" .

It is a monochrome image a little girl ,pre teen age. She looks Asian and is garishly clothed in a printed dress. A close look shows she has large ear rings and manicured finger nails. The girl has dropped her face but looks up to the camera with soulful, sad eyes.

Dammit, she looks so GUILTY! , so sad, sort of lost and frightened . I wonder who she is and what she is doing now.

The picture is attributed to a press agency , so the dubs had no contact with her. - but somehow I cant help but think that they are contributing to the expoitation of this poor unknown child

It is also kind of poor taste in the light of the recent peodiphile revelations.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Of course it's in bad taste. It's another attempt to spin themselves into appearing like the good guys. Words are always more important than deeds in WT world. When the writer of this article stands before Jehovah's judgement throne, you can just see him offering his defense over the paedophile protection programme of the witnesses: "But it's okay: we did an article condemning child prostitution!"

• Satanus
    Satanus

It maybe a ploy to redirect attention. Like, 'hey, you think our pedos are bad?! Look at this, this is much worse!!! And, we don't do this!'

That would be my guess.

SS

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Interesting to note . . . the jws actually do support child prostitution. . .

Let me explain:

My cousin was 18 months old when she was taken off the kingdom hall property and sold to dirty old men for sex - - - not just once, but on a continual basis for many years. The pimp? . . .none other than a respected brother.

When my cousin was in her 30's, she went into therapy. . . and part of her recovery was to report the abuse to the elders. You would think the elders would have been shocked and horrified that this so-called brother was still among the flock(TM), and have him removed. But no!. . . instead they asked Brother Pimp about it, and he denied all allegations (of course). My cousin had no witness to the atrocities against her, so the elders were not prepared to proceed any further. She was asked to drop the allegations or be accused of slander. Story shoved under yet another jw rug. GAWD!!!

Thus . . . I stand by my claim that the jws actually do support child prostitution!

ESTEE

• Beans
    Beans

It's just another tool to show how bad the world is and the next place where they will be sending in the bible thumping troops to offer eternal life on a paradise earth.

Makes me sick!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Could someone that has it scan it please, I can probably get a copy, but I don't want to grovel, in order to get it.

I would appreciate it

Thanks

Gizmo

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

We have to remember that the publisher's of the Awake teach that the real solution to child prositituon, as well as child labor, child malnutrition, disease etc, is for their God to kill all the suffering children without any chance of future life, and all because their parents are going to die too. Try asking the next JW peddling magazines to provide an explanation about what their "good news" really means.

Thirdson

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

But would the Borg ever offer help or assistance to this young girl/young woman?

Oh...give her some spiritual food, a few magazines etc., and encourage her to go to meetings.

Yeah right!

Bad timing for Borg. This is almost too hilarious given what's coming up on TV and what's been printed in mainstream press around the globe.

I haven't seen the cover either, but if it can be shown here, it would prove to be an eye-opener, I'm sure.

Thirdson, good response .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit