Update on Dudley assembly post

by Iron Eagle 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

wow... the net is such a big place I was amazed to see how many people actually did go to Dudley.

My grandmother actually pumped 400 into the redevelopment program. The last time we went I remember pointing out to her that about a square foot of the marble flooring was probably built thanks to her generosity to the society.

I will always remember the end of the assembly programme , waiting outside the entrance for the congregation coach to arrive . Does anybody else remember the way that traffic used to pass by ; how people used to stare at the caged animals and stupid monkeys entertaining on one side of the road .... oh yeah , and of course there was Dudley Zoo on the other side !!!

Yeah the good ol' days of the Leicestershire number one circuit...

Will Eyres Monsell ever find a new kingdom hall?!!?!?

• metatron
    metatron

God, don't they ever learn?

Marble flooring is stupid. It gets slick and old folks slip and fall on it - which is why they covered it with carpeting

at the Henrietta Assembly Hall - after installing the expen$ive stuff.

idiots!

metatron

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hi Iron Eagle, another Leicester lad here.

I noticed your email address; did you go to the 'one big Sunday' events? I did, they were fantastic eh? Much better than the stuffy assemblies at Dudley.

We went to the zoo once and were made to feel unspiritual about it. After all, we were there for spiritual refreshment, not to enjoy ourselves!

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

lol yeh I did go !!!

I still cant believe i managed to register this e mail address on hotmail...

Good to hear from you all !!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit